We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,314 Posts
    Hi Bruno,

this addon is very nice! smiley thanks a lot

i would like to use this in combination with phpThumbOf http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=56733.0
    but [[+imageURL:phpthumbof=`w=120&h=120`]] will return nothing

any ideas?

thanks, j
      • 41 Posts
      I use the same combination (phpthumbof rocks!), and it’s working perfectly! I use something like this:

[[+imageURL:phpthumbof=`w=[[+tv.articleimagewidth]]`]]`]]
        • 2,314 Posts
        Hi Gerrit,

thanks

...strange, both are working fine standalone, but not in combination
          • 2 Posts
          sharkbait, is your example-code part of a @CODE? I think you have to use real chunks if you need outputfilters.
            • 2,314 Posts
            sharkbait, is your example-code part of a @CODE? I think you have to use real chunks if you need outputfilters.
            ha! thanks blixa ...i just figured that out smiley
              • 151 Posts
              Quote from: daspoda at Oct 13, 2010, 01:38 AM

I’ve found some quirks I thought you might be interested in

1. The Image upload does not work in IE(I haven’t checked against a regular image upload, so it could be entirely on the modx core side)
              2. Changing the fields doesn’t trigger the save button to become available. (You have to trick it by editing the resource in order to save changes)

2. I believe this is an issue with the modx core as opposed to this particular script. This happens when you edit any tv that isn’t straight text...including the actually TV creation section. For example if you create a tv..save it and then go back and try to change the input type, you have to click into one of the text boxes in order to trigger the save button. This is either a core bug, or perhaps an ExtJS bug.. not sure.
                • 247 Posts
                agreed, but I needed the save button to be on anyway, so I added this line (at line 14)
                Ext.getCmp('modx-panel-resource').markDirty();

now whenever the imagelist TV is present, the content is automatically "dirty".

I wish that I could do quicker uploads though, where I just select the file and it gets uploaded and named to whatever it likes could save a lot of time. But I have no Idea how to go about it.
                  • 284 Posts
                  Quote from: jtech at Nov 16, 2010, 02:14 AM

Quote from: daspoda at Oct 13, 2010, 01:38 AM

2. Changing the fields doesn’t trigger the save button to become available. (You have to trick it by editing the resource in order to save changes)
                  2. I believe this is an issue with the modx core as opposed to this particular script. This happens when you edit any tv that isn’t straight text...including the actually TV creation section. For example if you create a tv..save it and then go back and try to change the input type, you have to click into one of the text boxes in order to trigger the save button. This is either a core bug, or perhaps an ExtJS bug.. not sure.
                  Already logged as a bug here?
                    MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
                  • Anyone know of a similar snippet like this one that allows you to add mulitple rich text areas instead of just text fields?

Thanks
                      Benjamin Davis: American web designer living in Munich, Germany and a MODX Ambassador. I am also co-founder of SEDA.digital, a MODX Agency.
                      • 284 Posts
                      Quote from: sonicpunk at Nov 26, 2010, 11:20 AM

Anyone know of a similar snippet like this one that allows you to add mulitple rich text areas instead of just text fields?
                      Doesn’t that work with this one? https://github.com/Bruno17/multiItemsTv
                        MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)