"How do I X with DropMenu?"
It was one of the first questions I asked. ANd the one I see most often.
Scotty has a great starting place thread that acctually gave me a break through recently. ALso his suggestion using web dev plugin.
Also, "Can modx run on *choose your Server OS*? Is another.
How do I style the contact form or the web singup and web login boxes?
I wish there was a way to add to the websign up form so we can use it for registering web users instead of having to do up a separate form to be submitted to email. It can be much work adding users manually better to set it up in auto mode but the current websignup doesnâ€™t include some items I would need and iâ€™m not sure if it can send info via email. One way might be to just have them register to signup using the current form then have them register again via another form that submits the info to email may be too much though.
newbie newbie du
Iâ€™m still learning but here are my favourites.
1. How do I install the new xxx template into MODx?
2. How do I edit the content without going into the manager?
4. Do I have to include a reference to MODx on my site?
5. One more time - what is the diference between a TV, snippet, chunk and plug-in?
6. Why would I need to create a new weblink as well document or folder?
7. How can I change the order of the options in my drop down menu?
8. When should I cache or uncache a page?
9. Iâ€™m a refugee from Mambo/Joomla/Drupal/Wordpress/ etc.. how can I migrate my site across?
10. How do I import a static site HTML site into MODx?
The shallower you are, the more ground you cover.
Thatâ€™s www.modxhost.com and I believe the date is the current server time not the date articles were posted. This only goes to show how daft it is to put the current date and time in your webpage template.
If you could make your questions more specific, that would be helpful.
For Ditto and the Wiki, please see:
- my request for pointers
- the new hub for Ditto wiki pages.