We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • it’s e2g_debug in your modx_easy2_configs
      Rico
      Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
      MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
      • 18 Posts
      Progress report:

Conclusion first: It´s still a nogo... :’(

Here´s what I´ve done since last time:

- I created a new (localhost) MODx installation, this time I installed MODx v 1.0.4 including the demo site. Everything seemed ok, except for the error msg ’GD and/or Zip PHP extensions not found’ which I´ve had since day1 on localhost, livesite has been fine.
      - I then installed Easy2 RC2 277. Fresh/brand new install. Install went smooth, no hickups/error codes whatsoever.
      - Exploring the new RC2 "Menu/Files" I hit "Synchronize". The entire part which contains the module information went blank. When I click the Module name again at the top, just below the "Modules" tab I´m back at the Dashboard again (as expected). Thinking the problem could be that there were no images to work with yet I proceeded to "Menu/Upload". Choosing a couple of pic´s ("upload more") with a short description and clicked "Upload". Again I get a big, blank, white area and nothing else. Looking at the file structure I can see that the image upload didn´t work. I then simply moved a few images into the correct folder (remember: localhost wink ) and looked in E2G´s "Menu/Files". The new images does show up but with a yellow warning sign over them. Clicking "Synchronize" produces the same white page again.
      - Even with all these errors I made a sample resource just using the factory made "Minimal template" and the very basic call "[!easy2!]". This produced the error code "Javascript library error."

Hope this is of some help ironing out the code!

:)
      • I followed your path:
        1. Installation was smooth. There is still need more work on permission when uploading, but it didn’t stop the process. What’re your server’s environments?
        2. Don’t use Minimal Template, it doesn’t have <head> tags for MODx to include the JSS & CSS scripts.
          Rico
          Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
          • 241 Posts
          Hi Goldsky,

I noticed that the folder structure and files in the svn repository are different from the archive available from MODx extras.
          Why the differences? How should your svn be used to make sure that we get the latest and the greatest?
          Thanks.

Quote from: goldsky at Oct 14, 2010, 12:11 PM

Please download the package again: e2g-1.4.0-rc2-r277.zip

I also want to announce that I have deleted the Easy2’s Git account.
          I found it’s difficult to maintain the diffs since git fetches a whole directory while easy2 has assets/libs/ and assets/modules/easy2 .
          Rather to bring more headache to my days, I reverted it back to google’s svn.

Please post more bugs if you find one again.
          • That’s why I couldn’t use GIT. tongue

Did you click my link? Looks like I hadn’t change it to the correct path.
            http://code.google.com/p/easy2modx/source/browse/#svn/branches/E2G%201.4.0-rc2/assets
            That’s the link.
              Rico

www.virtudraft.com

• when i try to make new folder get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function function_exist() in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 4363

and when i try to upload:

Warning: imagecreatetruecolor() [function.imagecreatetruecolor]: Invalid image dimensions in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 1051

Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 1052

Warning: imagefill(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 1053

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 1054

Warning: imagejpeg(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 1060

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 1065

Fatal error: Call to undefined function function_exist() in /home/username/public_html/folder.com/assets/modules/easy2/includes/classes/e2g.module.class.php on line 4363
                palma non sine pulvere
              • Quote from: Kristalin at Oct 17, 2010, 02:06 PM

when i try to make new folder get this error:

Where are you hosting at?
                They don’t allow function_exist() function huh
                  Rico

www.virtudraft.com

• Quote from: goldsky at Oct 17, 2010, 03:24 PM

Quote from: Kristalin at Oct 17, 2010, 02:06 PM

when i try to make new folder get this error:

Where are you hosting at?
                  They don’t allow function_exist() function huh

that hosting is in Bulgaria: www.superhosting.bg
                  what specific have in this function? Maybe i can talk with them?

// my PHP Version 5.2.12
                    palma non sine pulvere
                    • 241 Posts
                    Hi Goldsky,

i’m trying to get Colorbox to work to include all of the gallery images regardless of where they fall in the pagination.

Currently when initiated Colorbox only cycles through the images on the first page and requires the user to close Colorbox and manually click on the 2nd page in order to see its images.
                    For my users this is too much work. I need Colorbox to include all of the images in that gallery regardless of the pagination.

Colorbox documentation says to use rel attribute to bundle images into the same group. I tried that but it doesn’t work. E2G pagination still wins even when i hardcode rel attribute.

While playing with the rel attribute i encountered another problem.

I’ve manually included all of the necessary js and css files. The only Colorbox parameter left on the config page is Image link attribute:
                    class="cboxElement" rel="group[[+easy2:show_group+]]"

The problem is that the placeholder is coming up empty on the page. All i get is rel="group". Since show_group is a new parameter i tried to use +easy2:title+ placeholder but with the same result, nothing comes up.

Any ideas?

• 241 Posts
                      Currently E2G appends its parameters to the page url similar to this:

http://domain.com/page.html?sid=1&gid=8&gpn=0#1_8

Is there a way to replace id parameters with the human readable titles, or better yet not to show page parameters at all? Perhaps use POST instead of GET?

To put it in context i’m suing E2G to show images related to a particular article, the url of which i’m trying to optimize. If an article has more images than can fit on a single page E2G adds the pagination parameters to the URL thereby creating a "new page" with the same content to the detriment of the article’s rankings. I would like to avoid that since there’s really no need to bookmark a particular page of images.

Thanks in advance.