We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Good news! I finally got this working with Galleriffic ( http://nativitycelebration.com/index.php?id=10 ) Will be posting up a tutorial soon.
      • 169 Posts
      That is awesome to see!
      Can’t wait for the tutorial.
        www.markojokic.com
        • 15 Posts
        Yes, Sylvaticus, we all understand (and appreciate) that this is excellent free software, with much work behind it. This wasn’t an issue of lack of programming skills contributing to frustration. There are some serious gaps in the documentation that make understanding the gallery module (and galleriffic) a frustrating experience - I believe for most people. I have since figured out what is going on and will be sharing those results very soon.
          • 15 Posts
            • 108 Posts
            Hi, thanks to webprosmo's great tut, I got gallery / galleriffic working like a charm.

But I ran into a problem while trying to implement multiple galleries on the same page, I searched the forums and I know google is my friend but haven't found anything.

I've set each gallery as a different album and here's my call:

<h2>Suite 1 - The Family Suite</h2>
            [[!Gallery?
             &plugin=`galleriffic`
             &album=`accom_suite1`
             &autoStart=`0`
             &gallerifficThumbWidth=`50`
             &gallerifficThumbHeight=`50`
             &imageWidth=`500`
             &imageHeight=`480`
             &renderSSControls=`0`
             &renderNavControls=`0`
             &numThumbs=`20`
             &prevPageLinkText=`< Prev`
             &nextPageLinkText=`Next >`
             &enableTopPager=`0`
             &defaultTransitionDuration=`500`
             &delay=`4000`
            ]]

<h2>Suite 2 - The Honey Mooners or Bird's Nest Suite</h2>
            [[!Gallery?
             &plugin=`galleriffic`
             &album=`accom_suite2`
             &autoStart=`0`
             &gallerifficThumbWidth=`50`
             &gallerifficThumbHeight=`50`
             &imageWidth=`500`
             &imageHeight=`480`
             &renderSSControls=`0`
             &renderNavControls=`0`
             &numThumbs=`20`
             &prevPageLinkText=`< Prev`
             &nextPageLinkText=`Next >`
             &enableTopPager=`0`
             &defaultTransitionDuration=`500`
             &delay=`4000`
            ]]

Has anyone implemented multiple galleries on the same page? can someone point me in the right direction as to implementing this or point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks guys, awsome job  :) [ed. note: upiorz last edited this post 12 years, 5 months ago.]
              • 171 Posts
              Quote from: upiorz at Mar 19, 2011, 07:13 PM

Has anyone implemented multiple galleries on the same page? can someone point me in the right direction as to implementing this or point out what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks guys, awsome job smiley
              upiorz,
              Thanks for sharing your setup

Try this code
              <h2>Galleries</h2>
              <ul>
              [[!GalleryAlbums? &prominentOnly=`0` ]]
              </ul>

It sets up a nav list, style with CSS.

Hope that helps.
              BG66
                • 171 Posts
                ok, I am having a problem setting up galleriffic-5.css
                I am calling out in the header, but the "default" galleriffic-2.css is showing up in the header along with the javascript.
                How do i fix this?

Here is the page source code:
                      <!-- Gallery -->
                    <link rel="stylesheet" href="assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/css/galleriffic-5.css" type="text/css" />
                   <link rel="stylesheet" href="assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/css/black.css" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/js/jquery-1.3.2.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/js/jquery.galleriffic.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/js/jquery.history.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/js/jquery.opacityrollover.js">
                   </script>
                <link rel="stylesheet" href="/vtg/assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/css/galleriffic-2.css" type="text/css" />
                <script type="text/javascript" src="/vtg/assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/js/jquery.galleriffic.js"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="/vtg/assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/js/jquery.opacityrollover.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
                // <![CDATA[
                jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
                    var opts = {"delay":4000,"numThumbs":8,"preloadAhead":10,"enableTopPager":false,"enableBottomPager":true,"maxPagesToShow":7,"thumbsContainerSel":"#gal-gaff-thumbs","imageContainerSel":"#gal-gaff-slideshow","captionContainerSel":"#gal-gaff-caption","controlsContainerSel":"#gal-gaff-controls","loadingContainerSel":"#gal-

Thanks
                BG66
                  • 108 Posts
                  Thank you kindly BG66

I decided that I was spending too much time trying to solve the galleriffic puzzle so I took the easy-lazy way out and placed each album (suite) on a separate page.

Sorry I didn’t quite grasp what you were going through on your galleriffic-5 venture. Can’t you just delete this line from your template?

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/vtg/assets/components/gallery/packages/galleriffic20/css/galleriffic-2.css" type="text/css" />

Cheers.
                    • 171 Posts
                    Thanks, the problem is , I don’t know where that is in my template.
                    Everything above that is.

For some reason it adding this lower code in and I cannot find it anywhere.
                    I tried reinstalling Gallery, with no change.

Where is this code coming from and how do I just run the Example-5 setup?

BG66
                      • 108 Posts
                      Oh I remember now, it’s hardcoded somewhere and I saw it while I was picking around, webprosmo explained it in his tut, I’ll look it up to see if I can find out where it was. If you don’t find it before I do (that is).