We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    I’ve put the template into a chunk as suggested but it seems to be having the same problem?
    As for the server issue is this something that I can do myself or will I need to contact my server (who are Fasthosts, I know they get a mixed review).
      • 54 Posts
      Hi Guys,

I have spoken to Fasthosts and I don’t think they really knew what my problem was. They are sending me some file to upload which will test what is and isnt working for PHP. But after searching through the forums I came across a post suggesting to go to this address below:

http://www.squaredgepictures.co.uk/cmstemp/assets/snippets/phpthumb/demo/phpThumb.demo.check.php

I’m not sure how to resolve the red errors and it doesn’t seem to be telling me which version of GD is installed?

Really appreciate the help here as I really am a newb when it comes to this.

Here is the testing page again:
      http://www.squaredgepictures.co.uk/cmstemp/index.php?id=25
        • 4,213 Posts
        check your phpThumb.config.php and the cache directory setting. You need to point the php thumb cache to valid directory and make the directory writable.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 54 Posts
          Ok I have set up the cache directory and that all seems to be working fine now.

http://www.squaredgepictures.co.uk/cmstemp/assets/snippets/phpthumb/demo/phpThumb.demo.check.php

Although it hasn’t affeced the page at all which is still showing like this:

http://www.squaredgepictures.co.uk/cmstemp/index.php?id=25

I’m not sure what to try next really?

In the instructions to installing the phpthumb package it says to copy image.php to the modx document root. Could this be why it’s not working? What is the "document root"?

Is it true that I will need image magick to be able to crop to squares? If so how do I go about installing this on the server? Or is this not a necessity?
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: One_PHANTOM at Nov 01, 2009, 12:21 AM

In the instructions to installing the phpthumb package it says to copy image.php to the modx document root. Could this be why it’s not working? What is the "document root"?
            My instructions doesn’t say that..have you tried to install it like it’s described here?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 54 Posts
              Hi Doze,

yes I’ve tried everyway that has been described to me. Like I say, I sorted the cache errors in the php but my thumbnails still don’t show up. All it shows are the click to zoom text, but the main image shows once clicked on this. I don’t really know what else to try. At the moment I am trying to achieve it purely through CSS as phpthumb is proving to be awkward at the moment. If I have followed every instruction here what else could be the problem?
                • 4,213 Posts
                Well.. If you take a look at your phpThumb demo page, it says ’missing hash’.. that makes me think that you have not extracted the vanilla phpThumb files to your assets/snippets/phpthumb/ folder or you have modified some of the settings. There is either problem in your phpThumb installation or with your server.

• 54 Posts
                  Ok I’v re-installed phpthumb using the instructions in this threas and I’m still only getting the click to zoom text. So it must be a problem with the server then. How do I go about resolving the problem, is their a way to get a detailed error report that I can show my hosts?

Any help on resolving this will be much appreciated.It feels so close to working.
                    • 54 Posts
                    I have just spoken to Fasthosts and I know I can’t install ImageMagick as I don’t have a dedicated server. i presume this would affect phpthumb without imagemagick though would it?

This is my php info page

http://www.squaredgepictures.co.uk/info.php

I have no idea what this is telling me. This is all Fasthosts told me to do and then to contact the CMS provider to see if they could see what I had missing or what was required.

I thought maybe you would be able to see what I need from this or if there is somewhere else I need to post this information?

• 54 Posts
                      Quote from: doze at Nov 02, 2009, 10:52 AM

Well.. If you take a look at your phpThumb demo page, it says ’missing hash’.. that makes me think that you have not extracted the vanilla phpThumb files to your assets/snippets/phpthumb/ folder or you have modified some of the settings. There is either problem in your phpThumb installation or with your server.

Hi Doze,

Isn’t this regarding the demo images as the file paths point to images of a pineapple etc. I on’t have the demo images installed so this is why they arn’t showing here. Should somewhere on this demo page be showing my images?