We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 741 Posts
    Is it possible to get the MaxiGallery interface in the MODx Manager?

I want my clients to be able to manage their MaxiGallery at the Manager instead of on the website itself. I think it is able to use ManagerManager to create a extra tab and execute the MaxiGallery snippet for that document, but I don’t know how to do that.
      with regards,

Ronald Lokers
      'Front-end developer' @ h2o Media

• 4,213 Posts
      Hmm... I don’t think it’s possible... Only way I see is that you have document preview enabled and use that to manage the gallery inside MODx manager. I’ve been meaning to do manager module or TV widget or something to manage the galleries in MODx manager, but haven’t found the time.. and probably never will for this snippet.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 4,205 Posts
        The poor mans method to have it in the manager is to simply use a redirect in the manager to a document with MG setup to manage all galleries (not sure if the ’all’ option is working so you may need to add the gallery list manually). This will make the gallery load in a manager tab. It is not ideal but works.
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 741 Posts
          The poor mans method looks like a good work-around, but then you still have to search for the right album.

I want to be able to manage the gallery while I edit the content of a page. We should be able to run snippets inside the content editor of the manager, just like Template Variables work.
          So that you will have a structure like:

- content box to edit your content
          - template variables
          - snippets
            with regards,

Ronald Lokers

• 4,205 Posts
            That would be nice indeed. One idea would be to add a popup window link that would allow you to open a page with MB in manage mode. You could use jquery to add the link to the manager page. By using the doc id in the call to the popup you could auto select the gallery for that document.

Humm, this sounds cool. I would see if managermanaer has a widget to add a popup (or some other window, maybe even an iFrame or floating div). If not then look at the jquery functions for adding content to a page.

I like this idea..jQuery is soooo cool shocked
              [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

• 741 Posts
              Maybe we could use managermanager to create a new tab and place a div with the snippet call in it??
                with regards,

Ronald Lokers

• Module content doesn’t get passed through the parser, so snippet calls don’t work. The parser is only loaded to make the API available.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 741 Posts
                  Quote from: sottwell at Sep 19, 2008, 12:36 PM

Module content doesn’t get passed through the parser, so snippet calls don’t work. The parser is only loaded to make the API available.

Could it be possible to use a Iframe and link to a document which gets the gallery id passed in the url so that it can run the snippet for the right gallery?

So I mean that the Iframe links to http://domain.ext/documentwithmaxigallerycall.html?galleryid=idofdocumenthere
                  And then include some code to resize the iframe automaticly when the size of the document changes, so that it doesn’t look like a iframed page.

I don’t have any experience on using ManagerManager and changing the core code where needed...
                    with regards,

Ronald Lokers

• 4,205 Posts
                    Quote from: sottwell at Sep 19, 2008, 12:36 PM

Module content doesn’t get passed through the parser, so snippet calls don’t work. The parser is only loaded to make the API available.
                    That’s why it would need to be an iframe or a popup. However, remember that if you activate the preview winow (which is an iframe) you will pretty much get the same effect (without isolating the interface from the page).

I don’t know enough about MM, so i will see if this can be done with jQuery first. if so then see if this can be a MM widget or not?

• 1,215 Posts
                      Here are results of my small experiment with MM and MG in the back end.

1. Create new document, hide it from frontend users.

Template: blank

In the content field - simple MG call: [!MaxiGallery? &manage_gallery=`id of the gallery to manage` !]

2. Add to MM rules this -

mm_createTab(’Edit gallery’, ’mygal’, ’’, ’’, ’<iframe src="http://modx/2/" width="100%" height="500"></iframe>’);

Where http://modx/2/ is an URL of document, created in 1st step. Read MM help for parameters of mm_createTab.

I invented it for five minutes. Seems it works. Try it and improve it.
                        DirectResize 0.9 beta. PHPThumb, sets of configurations, configuration, binded to specific path. No backward compatibility. | DirectResize 0.9. PHPThumb, наборы параметров, параметры, привязанные к определенным путям. Без обратной совместимости.

Unfortunately, DirectResize project is closed. If you want to continue development, PM me for access to project page on Google Code. К сожалению, проект DirectResize закрыт. Если вы желаете продолжить разработки, обращайтесь через ПМ для получения доступа к репозиторию на Google Code.

[PLUGIN] DirectResize - as Maxigallery but for single images :: Download :: [url=http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21490]