We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,213 Posts
    The try catch is for php5 only.. What problems were you having with it? (although they will probably go away after phpThumb is integrated)

Yes, you can post the resynch modifications to handle &gal_query_ids parameter.. please post your changes against the current SVN code if you can.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
      • 5,888 Posts
      when I have pictures with corrupted exifs the resynch-action breaks and I can not resynch the directory. So with the try/catch block it works (with the wrong date, but its better as no execution.
        -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 64 Posts
        It seems to be ignoring the &titles_in_overview=`0` parameter as it shows the titles anyway.
          • 332 Posts
          I am testing it now. Just want to report back that so far so good  grin

By the way, I had a mis-conception for Maxigallery because I used to use it in Etomite (or was it call etoGal?!), and I didn’t like it a bit. I am so glad that I have given your Maxigallery a try! Greate work and installation is a charm! Now I am going to try something advanced  smiley

Btw, the version is 0.5.2 is this correct and the latest version from SVN?

Oh! A request here, can you also add jQuery Lightbox?
          http://leandrovieira.com/projects/jquery/lightbox

I really feel it loads faster than Protoype ones and the Slimbox. Incentive: it seems many Modx users are jQuery’s fans grin
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: arty at Jun 06, 2008, 05:49 PM

It seems to be ignoring the &titles_in_overview=`0` parameter as it shows the titles anyway.
            That parameter hasn’t been in MaxiGallery snippet for years smiley See the current parameters from MaxiGallery wiki: http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/MaxiGallery. If you want to make the picture titles to disappear, make a custom template with the content of the original one, but remove the picture title placeholder.

Quote from: chinesedream at Jun 08, 2008, 02:09 AM

Btw, the version is 0.5.2 is this correct and the latest version from SVN?
            Yes, the link at the first post in this thread downloads the most current SVN release. Haven’t updated the version info in MaxiGallery files yet..

I’ll give it a look if it’s free for commercial use also. It’s easy to add your own custom display types into MaxiGallery though.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 332 Posts
              Quote from: doze at Jun 08, 2008, 09:33 PM

I’ll give it a look if it’s free for commercial use also. It’s easy to add your own custom display types into MaxiGallery though.

Thank you! Good to know that I can add my custom display type.
              I’ll see if I am able to dd the project seven’ gallery script.

• 143 Posts
                I’ve followed the wiki for creating my first gallery and added &childembedtype=`smoothgallery` to the snippet call [!MaxiGallery? &display=`childgalleries`!]

On the Gallery1 page I have:

[!MaxiGallery? &pics_per_row=`3` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`100` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1` &smoothgallery_useExternalCarousel=`1`&smoothgallery_carouselElement !]

What am I missing for just the basic SmoothGallery?
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  What are you seeing now in the pages?

The document that has the childgalleries call should show all childgalleries in a smoothgallery gallerysets. If you want to see a smoothgallery in the Gallery1 page too, you need to add &embedtype=`smoothgallery` to that snippet call and remove the &smoothgallery_useExternalCarousel, &smoothgallery_carouselElement and &pics_per_row parameters, unless if you know what they are doing. You also might want to remove the &thumb_use_dropshadow parameter as it will not look good in the smoothgallery picture carousel..

• 143 Posts
                    Thanks, this is what I have:

[!MaxiGallery? &embedtype=`smoothgallery` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`200x400` !]

Still no smoothgallery and the pictures are very large, not 200 x400. I’m using the ` under the ~, is this correct?
                      • 4,213 Posts
                      You need to re-upload images to see the size change. If you are not using the SVN version, eg. the one linked to this thread, you need to add &display=`embedded` to the snippet call.

And yes, the backtick is correct. If you cannot get it to work, can you give a link to the site for me to check.