We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 57 Posts
    Thanks, but that one doesn’t support custom fields (or at least, I can’t see that it does) and I can’ get it to work in MaxiGallery. It appears nothing has changed in MaxiGallery since April so I just wondered...

Thanks both
      formerly sumodaz on here!
      • 57 Posts
      OK, moving forward with MaxiGallery and using customFields laugh but am stuck!

I have created the custom field OK - and that field exists in the database. When I update the field in the management page, the data is written to the database, but the refreshed page shows "camera0" on the screen (in the first record, camera1 in the second, etc), not the data in the database...

I also cannot get the data to appear when viewing the image either...

Here is my gallery call:
      [!MaxiGallery? &display=`normal` &pics_per_row=`5` &big_img_linkstyle=`lightboxv2` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`600` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1` &thumb_shadow_bgcolor=`222222` &pic_use_dropshadow=`1` &pic_shadow_bgcolor=`222222` &keep_bigimg=`1` &customFields=`camera` &picture_target=`71` &manage_target=`70`!]

Here is the call for id 70, the manage target:
      [!MaxiGallery? &display=`normal` &pics_per_row=`5` &big_img_linkstyle=`lightboxv2` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`600` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1` &thumb_shadow_bgcolor=`222222` &pic_use_dropshadow=`1` &pic_shadow_bgcolor=`222222` &keep_bigimg=`1` &customFields=`camera` &is_target=`1`!]

And here is the picture target call:
      [!MaxiGallery? &display=`normal` &pics_per_row=`5` &big_img_linkstyle=`lightboxv2` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`600` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1` &thumb_shadow_bgcolor=`222222` &pic_use_dropshadow=`1` &pic_shadow_bgcolor=`222222` &keep_bigimg=`1` &customFields=`camera` &is_target=`1` &pictureTpl=`@FILE:assets/snippets/maxigallery/templates/dj_picturetpl.html`!]

Here is the section in the manage template - I have added the relevant line in the strings file
      [+maxigallery.strings.camera+]:
      	<br/>
      	<textarea name="[+maxigallery.fieldnames.camera+]" rows="4" cols="40" onKeyDown="document.editform.[+maxigallery.fieldnames.modified+].value='yes'">[+maxigallery.fieldnames.camera:htmlent+]</textarea>
      	<br />

And here is the line in the dj_picturetpl.html file
      	[+maxigallery.picture.descr:isnot=``:then=`
      		<p class="description">[+maxigallery.picture.descr:htmlent+]</p>
      	`+]

</div>
      	<p class="description">here [+maxigallery.fieldnames.camera:htmlent+] </p>

If anyone can see why the data is not displayed, I shall be very grateful!

Cheers
      Daz
        • 57 Posts
        Solved and all working!!!

I was using [+maxigallery.fieldnames.camera+] when I should have been using [+maxigallery.picture.camera+]

grin
          • 88 Posts
          is it possible to include alpha transparency support for png files ?
          regards
            Thanks to the authors of the following code :
            Easy Newsletter (module)
            SiteMap (snippet)
            Codepress (Plugins)
            Strict URLs (Plugins)
            Virtual Aliases (Plugins)
            Maxygallery (snippet)
            • 315 Posts
            Hi Doze,

I can’t remember if I posted about this on this thread as I don’t pop by that often but do you know if you’ve incorporated the case sensitivity regarding username login which you so kindly helped with some time ago:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,43793.msg262345.html#msg262345

WOW! A year ago! How time flys.

BBloke
              BBloke
              • 97 Posts
              Not sure what the current development status of MaxiGallery is for Evo, but I was using this 0.6 testing version the other day on a PHP 5.3 instalation. It throws an error about split being deprecated (which is true: http://www.php.net/split).

Modifying line 265 of maxigallery.class.inc.php from this:

$sizes = split('x', $max_thumb_size);

to this:
              $sizes = preg_split('/x/', $max_thumb_size);

fixes it.

This error also affects 0.5.2 in the same way, slightly different line of code.
                • 1 Posts
                Can anyone tell me where to get the current version of Maxigallery?

The wiki links to the forum, and the forum says there's an attachment with the first post, but I can't see one. Need help!
                  • 72 Posts
                  I need it too (need custom fields) can you put it somewhere please? can't find any download link in the all thread.
                  thank you
                    MODx evo 1.5~1.6 ✪ Apache v 2.2.22 ✪ PHP v 5.3.10 ✪ MySQL v 5.1.61
                    <°'iiii);
                    • 72 Posts
                    how can I let my "customfields" appear in he smoothgallery infopane in place of the "description" field?
                    thank you
                      MODx evo 1.5~1.6 ✪ Apache v 2.2.22 ✪ PHP v 5.3.10 ✪ MySQL v 5.1.61
                      <°'iiii);
                      • 140 Posts
                      did anyone ever find it? this is incredibly frustrating!