We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 283 Posts
    Quote from: doze at Apr 12, 2006, 02:06 PM

Yea. it’s the minimal template’s built in calls to prototype what makes it work in it, like Ryan said.. The tags are not parsed in it too.. But it can’t be the document parser class anymore, because you are using the same what I use.. It must be some other plugin or something that is causing this..

But like I said in IRC last night, you can just comment out the regClientCSS and regClientStartupScript lines from the maxigallery snippet code and put the scripts to the head of the template manually. If you look back at this thread, I have attatched the scripts to use in to some of my post.

But I would REALLY like to get this resolved, because it’s driving me nuts! grin

yep me to!
    however ive tried it on a new site ie done ... with no external plugins ... and i have the same problem there when not using the default template!
      Everytime you use Flash ... a puppy dies .....
      R.G Taylor
      • 1,495 Posts
      Quote from: doze at Apr 12, 2006, 02:06 PM

But I would REALLY like to get this resolved, because it’s driving me nuts! grin

Try the new fixed that I post on the resoluition thread for 0.9.1. Hope it won’t drive you nuts anymore wink
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 4,213 Posts
        Quote from: Djamoer at Apr 12, 2006, 05:03 PM
        Try the new fixed that I post on the resoluition thread for 0.9.1. Hope it won’t drive you nuts anymore wink
        Thanks Wendy for the info! I already fixed it though by changing my snippet code so, that the scripts don’t have to be parsed by the document parser.. I sent the new code to Martyn by email and he got it working ok.

But if Martyn likes, he can test the patches you have done by using the original snippet code what can be found in the first post. I can’t test it, because I don’t have the problems that he had..

I will try your patches to see if they will fix this. Thanks!

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 1,495 Posts
          That should fix it as well, and it’s best to use the API provided, even though I know that it will cause the older version of MODx not to be able to use the snippet.

The only reason to do this, because there is a duplicate checking on that API, to ensure that any dynamically loaded client script using that API will not be copied over again to the output. I think this is one of those neat thing, so you won’t have conflict with other resources that use the same API and required the same external js file, such as prototype or script.aculos.
            Wendy Novianto
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: Djamoer at Apr 12, 2006, 05:35 PM

That should fix it as well, and it’s best to use the API provided, even though I know that it will cause the older version of MODx not to be able to use the snippet.
            Yes, I still use the regClient api functions, but just didn’t put MODx tags to the scripts.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 1,495 Posts
              Quote from: doze at Apr 12, 2006, 05:51 PM

Quote from: Djamoer at Apr 12, 2006, 05:35 PM

Yes, I still use the regClient api functions, but just didn’t put MODx tags to the scripts.

You mean ripping of the code from regClientAPI and use it on your snippet? Smart move grin But I still think that it’s better to use the API, but you know what, there are no specific rules in MODx to do things like some other CMS out there, so do whatever you think will be best suited for your snippet wink
                Wendy Novianto
                • 4,213 Posts
                Quote from: Djamoer at Apr 12, 2006, 06:20 PM

You mean ripping of the code from regClientAPI and use it on your snippet? Smart move grin But I still think that it’s better to use the API, but you know what, there are no specific rules in MODx to do things like some other CMS out there, so do whatever you think will be best suited for your snippet wink
                No, I just made simple changes that instead of passing this to the regClientStartupScript:

"<script type=\"text/javascript\">var xml_url = ’assets/galleries/[*id*]/gallery.xml’;</script>";

I used:

"<script type=\"text/javascript\">var xml_url = ’assets/galleries/".$modx->documentIdentifier."/gallery.xml’;</script>";

and so on, so there won’t be any modx tags to parse.

• doze, what’s the advantage of bypassing the TV call?
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 4,213 Posts
                    Quote from: rthrash at Apr 12, 2006, 09:03 PM

doze, what’s the advantage of bypassing the TV call?
                    Martyn had problems that it was not parsed by the document parser, just outputted as [*id*], but might work with the patches that Wendy have posted now.

• Ahhh... got it. There’s going to be nice patches all around in the next release. smiley

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.