We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 826 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for SimpleVideoShow.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Insert a code video in your document.
      Marc
      I'm French... Sorry for my bad English, I use ' Google Translator' or other... but that remains that tools wink
      • 76 Posts
      hi every1!!!

im trying to get the simple video show snippet to work, somehow it wont display anything...
      ive installed the snippet and set these variables in the snippet:
      $video = "test.avi";
      $width = "400";
      $height= "340";

then ive put [!SimpleVideoShow!] in the page where it should be displayed and also
      a "test.avi" in the /assets/media/ directory.
      but all i get is a white screen.

can someone help me out?
        • 826 Posts
        Have you place the file in directory : /assets/media ?

Syntax to put in your document : [!SimpleVideoShow? &video=`test.avi` &width=`400` &height=`340` !]
          Marc
          I'm French... Sorry for my bad English, I use ' Google Translator' or other... but that remains that tools wink
          • 2,542 Posts
          If your screen is totally white and does not contains anything, check if you haven’t selected the blank template for this document.

:-)
            Made with MODx : [url=http://www.copadel.com]copadel, fruits et l
            • 76 Posts
            ok that makes more sence, ill try ure syntax rite away...

thanks marc
              • 76 Posts

dont look too good, i tried what you sed (marc) and yet somehow it wont work.
              the snippet is called "VideoShow" therefore i used:

[!VideoShow? &video=`test.avi` &width=`400` &height=`340` !]

the final html code is as follows:
              <div id="block_1" class="subcontent"> <!-- main center column -->
              <font size="5"><span style="font-weight: bold;">The Clips!</span></font> <br /> <br /> 
              </div> <!-- end block 1 -->

theoreticly there should be something displaying the avi after the two "
              "’s
              but nothing =(

yes the avi is placed in //assets/media/ meaning if you would call the avi directly through the browser, the path would be .../assets/media/test.avi

could there be some other problem?
                • 826 Posts
                Perhaps that the snippet is not called.
                The name of the snippet is the same one in the document and the manager of snippet?
                If you the name of the snippet changes into “VideoShow”, this one must be identical in the manager and the document.

Have You installed the snippet into the directory assets/snippets/simplevideoshow/?
                Can you check this points?
                Can you add the parameter &debug= `1` please?
                  Marc
                  I&#39;m French... Sorry for my bad English, I use &#39; Google Translator&#39; or other... but that remains that tools wink
                  • 76 Posts
                  ok, ive changed the name to standard "simplevideoshow"
                  and tried it again with: [!SimpleVideoShow? &video=`test.avi` &width=`400` &height=`340` &debug= `1` !]
                  but i dont get any output at all, not even from the debug

shall i give u a username and password to take a look? might get solved a little faster =P

dont worry bout it, as long as i can understand it somehow wink
                    • 826 Posts
                    Quote from: enigma at Nov 22, 2006, 11:06 AM

shall i give u a username and password to take a look? might get solved a little faster =P

If it is a question of helping you in the parameter setting of snippet, I prefer to answer you via the forum, this for 3 essential reasons:
                    - That is connected with support on line, service that I invoice and that I hold for my customer.
                    - The explanations which I could provide can interest of other members of the community.
                    - Other member (more expert that me) can enrich the debate by their answers.
                    On the other side, to exchange from idea on a development joint and in progress, I authorize the use of MSN or connect to your site.

ok, ive changed the name to standard "simplevideoshow"
                    and tried it again with: [!SimpleVideoShow? &video=`test.avi` &width=`400` &height=`340` &debug= `1` !]
                    but i dont get any output at all, not even from the debug
                    You can change the name of the snippet but there must remain identical in the call of the document and the manager of the snippet.
                    "simplevideoshow" is different of "SimpleVideoShow" wink

I have not understand what you write. I am French and I know little about English.
                    Can you use a correct English vocabulary?
                    I use “Google translation” to understand you. Since the first post no translation could be done by this tool. If you want of the assistance, uses correct English. thank you.
                      Marc
                      I&#39;m French... Sorry for my bad English, I use &#39; Google Translator&#39; or other... but that remains that tools wink
                      • 76 Posts
                      ah ok, i would have thaught that we could put the resolution online any how.

well yes i have used "SimpleVideoShow" (used to it from java and vb - so i thaught its ok for you too)

well the snippet has the following lines:
                      $snipPath = $modx->config['base_path'] . "assets/snippets/simplevideoshow/";
                      include_once $snipPath."simplevideoshow.inc.php";

and that is also the path where the files for the snippet are.

dont worry about the last part