We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Sorry to bring up a deadish topic but well is this still being developed as I would like to use and I know a few others but if it’s not being developed anymore well I cant tongue.
      • 1 Posts
      Hello.
      I learned of ModX through the MyBBoard.net website, as i was searching for a CMSs which can integrate my forum.
      The aproach of "Bolt-On" in achieving this is very good. A total interconnection of 2 different system is not really needed.
      I will come to that later....

MyBB Bolt-On is published in the MOD-Section of MyBB-Mainsite.
      But the real Tutorial is linked to an external page, which is not accessible:
      http://www.acronymity.co.uk/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5
      www.acronymity.co.uk/projects/mybb_bolt_on/demo.html

I followed the instructions via Webarchive.org, which thankfully had these instcructions archived:
      http://web.archive.org/web/20070129013716/www.acronymity.co.uk/projects/mybb_bolt_on/demo.html

I made everything according to the instructions, but i can not get listed those parts like
      - "last Threads"
      - "Users online"
      - "site statistics" etc.
      in the ModX standard template. I do not really know, what i am doing wrong, as i proceed according to the instructions.

As a MyBB-User, everywhere on MyBB related sites be it in German geography, Turkish geography or English main site Forums everyone is looking for MyBB to be integrable with CMS-systems. Ohh, how much time i have spent searching the internet trying here and there just to realize that MyBB is not integrable with a CMS yet.
      Through this search i came also to ModX and have installed it on the webserver.

I assume, that work on MyBB Bolt-On is stopped, as even Instruction page of MyBB-Bolton is offline.
      Really disappointing. How can we as MyBB users motivate you to extend work on MyBB Bolt-On? Or just for example provide gfurther support for MyBB Bolt-On? In my case i would for example need assistance so that the different blocks like "Users online" show up in the ModX template.

What i said earlier, that MyBB community is looking for an integration of MyBB and CMS still counts. Maybe we can beat the drums under the MyBB-Community and alltogether help in progressing work on MyBB Bolt-On, or at least extend support for MyBB Bolt-On.

I come from Turkish-Speaking geography, but can speak English, German and off course Turkish.
      There are 2 only-dedicated to MyBB support-forums in Turkish language, and 1 of that forum has even more activity then English main-site forum.
      I could direct attention in these locations to MyBB Bolt-On and i am sure, that there will be people volunteering to help in all related MyBB Bolt-On, as everyone is still looking for a CMS integration or bridge / "half-bridge".
      ModX seems very promissing and I currently play around with it on my website as a new-installation.
      But the motive of installing ModX was clearly MyBB Bolt-On. If i could only make MyBB Bolt-On work, so that MyBB Datas are shown in ModX-Template, there would be huge potential in general as i would also tell others about in MyBB-Forums eagerly looking for such CMS integration, to extend their MyBB-communities.
        • 7,075 Posts
        Just got around to testing MyBB 1.2.12, and will try the bolt on snippet with it, since I am pretty impressed with MyBB (better than SMF ? lt has more than enough features and it’s well optimized... definelty worth looking into !)

While I am here, any update in sight for the MyBB Bolt-On ?
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 925 Posts
          I’ve been using this for a while, and it works w/ MyBB 1.1.12 just fine. I think I had issues w/ the parts mirrorside mentioned, but IIRC, it was getting the URL to point to the right page.

Sad that this isn’t being updated, though.  sad I’d like to have FID for checking for topics in specific forums, instead of having to run FeedX to parse the RSS feed. Plus the PHx issue.
            My Snippets
            -> PopUpChunk v1.0
            • 7,075 Posts
            Thanks for the update and feedback Soshite smiley
            The PHx problem is a real issue, I tend to use PHx quite a bit...

But MyBB has really caught my eye in the feature rich but not too bloated category (otherwise, I like UNB a lot). I love how custom fields are handled, probably the best implementation I have seen in a forum...

Maybe someone will pick the ball at some point ?
            I wish I could, if only I had time to get down to really learn PHP (too much work at the moment...).
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 925 Posts
              It would be cool if we could get this to merge the Web Users + Forum Users. Coppermine did it, so I don’t see why MODx couldn’t.

I’d take up doing this snippet, but I lack the PHP knowledge to do it. x_x
                My Snippets
                -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                • 23 Posts
                Even though this thread is old and the extension hasn’t been updated in a while it still works smiley

I have it currently installed on MODx 1.0.3 + MyBB 1.4.13. Only thing you need to not forget (which isn’t explained on Pete’s site directly) is the part where you add your forums absolute path to the snippet (in the beginning), after that it will simply work.

But, sadly not everything works. When I call upon the events chunk it gives me a MySQL error which tells me it can’t find the DB name. I think it’s the prefix that’s messed up in that part of the code, says something like mybb_mybb_events. . . Obviously one prefix too many so hopefully I can get that one to work smiley And the UserInfo doesn’t work, or at least the code can’t recognize you and always shows you as a guest even though you are logged in.

You can have a look here:

As you can see allot of things are working, the news thing (headlines) is something I personally like allot.

Will post again when / if I can get the UserInfo + Events to work smiley
                  Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'
                  • 23 Posts
                  Ok, I’ve started looking at the errors that the event snippet was giving. It seems to come from the actual PHP file that you upload to assets/snippets/mybb/.

The first error that I mentioned was the "not found" part where the prefix was all wrong, this turned out to be because of the usage of TABLE_PREFIX in the function nextxevent. After some reading it seems that TABLE_PREFIX was removed for the most part in the MyBB 1.4.x release (this plugin was written for MyBB 1.2.x), but it turns out this is only related to the events part since when you remove TABLE_PREFIX entirely from the code then things will break O_o

Anyways, after removing that code I got a new error but this time a warning: gmmktime() expects parameter 5 to be long, string given. Something that’s also because of the same function, after some reading it seems that you can add (int) to gmmktime() to force the int value’s. (or something like that) After doing that I’m not receiving any errors anymore but sadly it’s not displaying any events either.

The function nextevent now looks like this for me:

function nextxevents($db,$mybb,$limit,$trim,$dateformat) {
                  	$eventlist = array();
                  	// Before: $query = $db->simple_select(TABLE_PREFIX."events", "*", 'private="no"');
                  	$query = $db->simple_select("events", "*", 'private="no"');
                  	while ($event = $db->fetch_array($query)) {
                  		$event['date'] = explode("-", $event['date']);
                  		// Before: $event['date'] = gmmktime(0, 0, 0, $event['date'][1], $event['date'][0], $event['date'][2]);
                  		$event['date'] = gmmktime(0, 0, 0, (int)$event['date'][1], (int)$event['date'][0], (int)$event['date'][2]);
                  		if ($event['date'] > gmmktime(0, 0, 0, date('n', time()), date('j', time())-1, date('Y', time()))) {
                  			if(my_strlen($event['subject']) > $trim)
                  			{
                  				$event['short_subject'] = trim(my_substr($event['subject'], 0, $trim)) . "...";
                  			}
                  			$event['format_date'] = my_date($dateformat , $event['date'], "", 0);
                  			$eventlist[] = $event;

}
                  	}
                  	usort($eventlist, 'compare2');
                  	$eventlist = array_slice($eventlist, 0, $limit);
                  	return $eventlist;
                    }

The old lines are marked as // Before:, eventually I only edited 2 lines in this function which resulted in having zero errors. But as I mentioned, even after these additions it’s still not working. It’s kinda acting like the userinfo chunk, it simply comes up as there are no events whereas the userinfo says that your always a guest instead of finding your cookie info.

I’m not sure if I can solve those 2 mysteries, any help would be appreciated though smiley Would be nice if this plugin was fully functional for MyBB 1.4.x.
                    Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'
                    • 1 Posts
                    I’ve also been looking into integrating MyBB 1.4x into Evo and found this snippet, but several of it’s modules (as discovered by Mejiro) don’t work properly. I’ve yet to look at the UserInfo component, but I’ve managed to get upcoming events module working (just). The primary reason for it’s malfunction is due to a redesign of the calendar module in MyBB, with a more detailed record for each event. New row names in the SQL db have rendered the existing nextxevents function from the snippet non-operational and a bit of a rewrite was needed. As well as new row names, types have changed as well. I don’t have an original (old) version of MyBB to compare, but it’s clear that timezone offset functionality now built into MyBB has also had an impact.

Here’s my "new" nextxevents, I’ve included comments to the changes but not left too much redundant code as it was getting messy:

function nextxevents($db,$mybb,$limit,$trim,$dateformat) {

$eventlist = array();

//old query used simple_select, wanted enhanced functionality+support for table prefix.
                    	// $query = $db->simple_select("events", "*", 'private="no"');

// Am using event.starttime to return the date (as this is not just time, it's date+actual time).

$query = $db->query("
                    		SELECT *
                    		FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."events e
                    		WHERE e.private='0'
                    		ORDER BY e.starttime ASC 
                    		LIMIT 0, ".$limit
                    		);

// using a full select here so I can include an "order by". Did this to make the SQL engine rather than PHP do the work, plus the sortation routine was broken due to type changes.

while ($event = $db->fetch_array($query)) {
                    		if ($event['starttime'] >= time()) 
                    			{
                    			if(my_strlen($event['description']) > $trim)
                    				{
                    					$event['short_subject'] = trim(my_substr($event['description'], 0, $trim)) . "...";

}

// Needed an else here otherwise short_subject was empty if subject was < trim!
                    			else	{

$event['short_subject'] = $event['description'];

}

// Removed dateformat$ from my_date function as I didn't seem able to override it from the call to nextxevents. Specified a format string of my own choosing here.
                    			// also set third parameter of my_date to "0" as DST was being added twice.

$event['format_date'] = my_date("D jS M @ H:ia" , $event['starttime'], "0", 0);
                    			$eventlist[] = $event;

}
                    	}
                    	$eventlist = array_slice($eventlist, 0, $limit);
                    	return $eventlist;
                      }

I’m fairly new to PHP so if I’ve made any glaring errors, let me know. I’ve done limited testing to a range of timed events crossing date ranges. I have no idea yet what happens when:

• DST ends and you enter your non-DST period. It looks (from forums) as though MyBB has had some issues with this, so adding MODx to the mix is just likely to complicate things.
                    • You are still in a DST period but upcoming events are in a non-DST date range (i.e. the clocks have fallen back) or vice-versa.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to adjust the date/time on my hosting platform so I may well have to wait until October before I can iron out any bugs or come up with workarounds.
                      • 1 Posts
                      Is there any way to share mybb and mod x users with this? I see this will grab mybb information but not mod x.