We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello, I just installed MODx and everything went fine, congratulations ! But I can’t find a way to create and manage forums. I have the default base site with [Blog] and [MODx Quickstart]. Can someone please help me ?
    • There is no forums built into MODx. You need to install a separate Forum application. We’re currently (still...sigh) working on a Module to integrate with SMF.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 18 Posts
        Have you seen Punbb? http://www.punbb.org It looks great!!
        • Yes, it looks wonderful, as do a lot of other forums ... but there’s not a good solution for everyone in any forum. Vanilla is cool too. As is the newsboard/unclassified news system. IPB. SMF. Mercury Board, and so on... lots of things to weigh!
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 205 Posts
            We’re currently (still...sigh) working on a Module to integrate with SMF.

SMF is a good product, stick with and focus on doing this one first please.
              • 138 Posts
              Quote from: edge at Dec 16, 2005, 12:10 PM

SMF is a good product, stick with and focus on doing this one first please.

Yup. (pas mieux)
                Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
                I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 33)
                • 1 Posts
                well I was going to recommend this product for use at work.

but no forums?

no thanks.
                • Sorry it won’t work for you. Thanks for checking in though. smiley
                    • 122 Posts
                    Quote from: rthrash at Dec 15, 2005, 03:28 PM

I take it there is no update with SMF integration as yet? What level of integration are you developing?
                    • It’s a complete bi-directional synchronization of the user systems. Updates in one update the other.