We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’ve had that problem when copy/pasting from code examples in a web page. Some pages have different types of quote marks, and while the browser will display them all, it will only use the plain old double-quote for property delimiters.
      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • 13 Posts
      Fantastic Guys, thanks a mil

Jeez you mean it was that simple.

Maybe there’s something to this experience thing after all.

Luckily I’m not running for president. LOL
        • 7 Posts
        nice tool, thank you for that.
        I really like it and I did a little change in EasyEvents.class.php because the output of the month name on top of the calendar was always english, no matter what language you use.

I changed
        $monthName = date('F',$time);

to:

$monthName = date('m',$time);
        $monthName = $this->lang['months'][$monthName];

Another thing is that it does not use the "config[’manager_language’]" which is set to german on my system. As I am still testing with this, I did a german lang file and saved it as english.inc.php for now, but thats not good style at all.
          • 302 Posts
          Hi All-

Just an FYI - it seemed clear that EE 1.0 had some serious limitations:
          * One category,
          * No sensitivity to doc groups
          * Backend management weirdness
          * Etc.

So I’ve done a 1.5 (not released quite yet). From the front it looks pretty much the same (see it live). But the backend is COMPLETELY different. I’ve gone the route of using template variables instead. This offers several distinct advantages because each event is a document:
          * "Categories" are just folders
          * You can choose as many category folders as you like by listing their IDs (123,456,789)
          * You can nest categories to arbitrary depth
          * Events are searchable because they’re just docs
          * Events are sensitive to doc groups, so logged in users could potentially see more events than anonymous (needs testing)

So I’ll be cleaning some things up and trying to get it out to anyone who might like it.
            Standard Disclaimer
            I could be totally wrong.
            • 3 Posts
            Took a look at your web site,

can’t wait for you to release it. laugh
              • 302 Posts
              I’ll release it when I get the queries reduced. There are too many and taking too long at the moment. It’s barely tolerable for me, but I certainly wouldn’t want to unleash it on the community knowing it had some significant performance issues.
                Standard Disclaimer
                I could be totally wrong.
              • Maybe the community could peek at what you’ve done and help track down the cause?
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 90 Posts
                  The "demo" looks nice.

I hope that new version will get a &firstDayOfWeek-parameter like CALx.
                    Bye,
                    Mithrandir
                    • 19 Posts
                    I would just like to ask when the new version perhaps will be available?

I don’t want to set someone under pressure undecided But perhaps there is a possibility of releasing a kind of beta-version? Because so many such "projects" did just die, and I think it would be really sad for the pretty good module "Easy Events"(!)
                      • 786 Posts
                      I would love to take a look at the new version as well, I have a need for this and would be willing to assist in debugging/adding some features. The performance on your site looks pretty good to me and the site I am working on has a small number of events.

If it needs more time though, I understand.