We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Has anyone had any success creating a product configurator for MODx that works with FoxyCart. Ideal something that could function like purchasing a MAC from Apple.

• All the product options on one page
    • All the select configured options, appear in an organized manner in the cart
    • Simple Plugin to modify configurable options

• 2 Posts
      franckx-design Reply #2, 13 years ago
      It’s been a long time, but I’m also searching to implement the foxycart option list

I want a tv in my template where I can add option (like sizes) for each product, and this tv must generate an option list in the frontend
        • 44 Posts
        I’m writing a PDF book that covers, among other things, building a full eCommerce solution with MODX + Foxycart. I MIGHT make it into a screencast too. Working with the Foxycart guys to implement this.

Also coming out with two separate books on Rails and Django Python implementations I’ve done.

Nothing Beats Foxycart + Modx. It’s just learning some advanced ways of doing things.

I would recommend NOT always going the TV route when it comes to ecommerce. Look into building a Custom Manager Page Solution (CMP) with a custom database table. See Modx Documentation for a nice walkthrough. A little advanced yes, but it is in my opinion the ’proper’ method.
          • 2 Posts
          franckx-design Reply #4, 13 years ago
          Great to hear about the pdf book, make sure to update me when it’s finished.

I will look in the custom manager page, but I’m not that good at modx customization, but I’ll try.

A screencast would be nice, because there is some foxycart implementation tutorials missing from a modx point of view. Basics are ok, but like I said the whole selec different sizes for examples has me puzzled.

Showing the products and listing them no prob. Just the option, if someone out there could help me with this it will be greatly appreciated.
            • 1 Posts
            I am also interested in the ecommerce Foxycart/Modx integration PDF. Please post here as soon as it is available.

Thank you,
            Michelle
              • 44 Posts
              Scheduled to be done end of this month : )
                • 223 Posts
                Hi Jnet,

Did this PDF get completed yet? It sounds absolutely brilliant and extremely helpful. Let me know!
                  Nick Hoag
                  Creative Partner
                  The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
                  • 44 Posts
                  It is complete - i’m working on some legal stuff with it as of now but the plan is to have it up beginning of August
                    • 223 Posts
                    Fantastic news, Jnet! Really stoked for this. Let me know when it’s released, if you could!

Thanks so much.
                      Nick Hoag
                      Creative Partner
                      The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
                      • 68 Posts
                      Ok I know its only the 2nd of Aug but any update on the relase of your pdf?

I am just about to start on a new project and think it could be very usefull for me.

Looking forward to reading it.