We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • You don’t have to pay until you turn on real payment processing, i.e. by turning on test mode. It certainly sounds easy enough, but nothing like actually trying to find out for sure!
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 217 Posts
      Quote from: rthrash at Mar 17, 2008, 02:13 PM

You don’t have to pay until you turn on real payment processing, i.e. by turning on test mode. It certainly sounds easy enough, but nothing like actually trying to find out for sure!

Yeah, I may just have to give it a go. I was hoping that maybe someone else has given it a go, though it seems FoxyCart has a fairly limited userbase. Thanks anyway smiley
        • 361 Posts
        Did you not get an answer in the forums, or were you not able to register? You can use the little mini-contact form on any page (except the homepage) on foxycart.com to ask questions if you’d like.

Here’s a photography website using FoxyCart: http://parishtoparish.com/

Our userbase doesn’t compare to something like ZenCart or MODx or anything that’s been around for years, but it’s growing significantly every day. I apologize that it doesn’t look like that. We’re working on improving our featured sites functionality to show at least a fraction of the stores that are live using FoxyCart, rather than the same 3 that have been there forever. Sorry about that.

Feel free to ask questions via PM, the FoxyCart forum, or using the contact form on the website.
          Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
          • 217 Posts
          Quote from: The at Mar 17, 2008, 05:06 PM

Did you not get an answer in the forums, or were you not able to register? You can use the little mini-contact form on any page (except the homepage) on foxycart.com to ask questions if you’d like.

Here’s a photography website using FoxyCart: http://parishtoparish.com/

Our userbase doesn’t compare to something like ZenCart or MODx or anything that’s been around for years, but it’s growing significantly every day. I apologize that it doesn’t look like that. We’re working on improving our featured sites functionality to show at least a fraction of the stores that are live using FoxyCart, rather than the same 3 that have been there forever. Sorry about that.

Feel free to ask questions via PM, the FoxyCart forum, or using the contact form on the website.

Thanks for your response, it has been most useful.

I really can’t get my head round your forum. I can’t post unless I’ve logged in right? and I can’t log in unless I’m a member? And I can’t be a member until I’ve applied for membership and been manually approved. It all seems a bit longwinded to ask a question that may result in a sale?

However, I do have a feeling I’m missing something painfully obvious.

Thanks
            • 361 Posts
            Sorry about the forum difficulties. It sends a confirmation email to activate your account, but sometimes these go to junk or don’t show up at all. I’ve approved your account (I think). PM me if you still have problems. We’ll be migrating to a new forum at some point, which should hopefully make things a bit smoother.
              • 62 Posts
              For some reason every time I attempt to create a new snippet in my MODx installation name FoxyCart_Inventory I get an Internal Server Error: 500 that pops up whenever I try to save to snippet. I have tried removing all of the commenting and I still have the same issue. What exactly am I missing here guys? I am using MODx 0961p2 with PHP5 and MySQL 5. Any ideas here?
                • 361 Posts
                I’ve never had a problem with it, but you might try removing the underscore. Also, can you create the snippet if you just leave it empty (or maybe just a return ’hello world’;)?
                  • 5 Posts
                  Hello all

I tried to install FoxyCart Inventory but i have a problem. I don’t understand what is the FoxyCart admin Data Feed page?

Thanks for your future answers.
                    • 361 Posts
                    Do you have a FoxyCart account? If so, log in to www.foxycart.com/admin and you can see the datafeed page in the top nav. If not, go to that link and set up an account, and please let us know if you have problems.
                      • 83 Posts
                      can anyone provide an example of using [foxycart_addtocart] snippet with product options? i’m using child documents & ditto to display different colors, and populated a drop down select box using the instructions on the wiki. the next question is how to change a hidden drop down select using javascript, and then check the quantity of that option for [foxycart_addtocart].
                        stevesunderland.com
                        GRAPHICS | INTERACTIVE | MARKETING
                        xhtml + ajax + seo websites powered by modx