We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 160 Posts
    Ryan; I understand how it is supposed to work - but I don’t think it is working properly for me - you can not read the results. See the screen grab.
    Thanks for the help.
    Hal D
      "Today’s headlines are nothing more than whispers of history"
    • You’ll just need to adjust the CSS to remove the opacity and background (and maybe z-index) I suspect. Use Firefox with Firebug’s Inspect mode to figure out which selectors to adjust then have a go at it!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 160 Posts
        Just for grins I changed the tools->configuration to the template I used in the tutorial and stuck a call to AjaxSearch in it. Well surprise - it works as advertised. So now I know all my problems are related somehow to the other template, not the css, or ajaxsearch, etc. Now to find whatever it is causing the problem.
        Cheers,
        HalD
          • 160 Posts
          Ryan & Susan; The problem turned out to be too many divs. I had ditto, ajaxsearch and user login each in their own div. I thought it would give me more specificity for styling. What happened I guess is that AjaxSearch cannot push down other content unless it is in the same div. I stripped out all the divs except one for sidebar content and now everything works as it should. Lesson learned: Don’t get try to get too tricky with the css.
          Thanks,
          HalD
          • You’re learning about the document flow. My suspicion based on your statement is that each containting DIV was positioned and as such, removed from the document flow. If anything is absolutely or statically positioned, and sometimes if floated, they won’t affect other elements and you’ll get lots of fun overlap. smiley

When I used to build sites, they were chock full of tons of extra DIVs and way too much CSS. Now I’m usually able to achieve what’s needed with a lot less. Only took a couple of years to get there, but it’s nice. smiley
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 160 Posts
              It feels so good when you quit banging you head against the wall. rolleyes
              HD
                • 87 Posts
                Still banging...
                  • 361 Posts
                  I’m actually having the same problem. No results on the landing page. I haven’t had time to look into why, but I’ve tried everything. Had this problem on 2 very different servers. The AJAX piece works fine, but the landing page reports that it couldn’t find anything.

0.9.6-RC2 with default AjaxSearch 1.6 (which is labeled 1.5).

Quick fix for me was to put FlexSearchForm on the landing page. Not ideal, but it seems to work perfectly in a pinch.
                    Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
                    • 150 Posts
                    Quote from: The at Mar 22, 2007, 11:08 PM

Quick fix for me was to put FlexSearchForm on the landing page. Not ideal, but it seems to work perfectly in a pinch.

Count me in for the no landing results. Thanks for posting this tip!
                      • 87 Posts
                      Thanks guys, I’ll give it later today and report back.