We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hi Guys

Im an experienced developer but pretty new to the MODX CMS and i wonder if somebody could give me some pointers on an issue i have with the search snippet..

I’ve set the up search snippet and in general all is working fine apart from that as i see it, it only searches the main content area and wont search template variables. Is this correct?

I want to use template variables for different areas of content, but i do need these to be searchable too? Am i being an idiot and overlooking something obvious.

MODX seems to be the best CMS ive used to date, hand down and im very excited by it but am having a few teething problems(as expected). If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!!
      • 2,542 Posts
      Hi,

the latest version of ajaxSearch search through TVs.

If you want to add this feature in FlexSearchForm have a look at doSearch Function in ajaxsearch.inc.php

:-)
        Made with MODx : [url=http://www.copadel.com]copadel, fruits et l
        • 8 Posts
        Thanks mate for that info, ill take a look into that!!

...can i take it then that the problem i have is just a restriction of the standard FlexSearchForm? Im surprised there is no one else asking for help on the same problem.
        • AjaxSearch also degrades for browser that don’t support Javascript, too.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 8 Posts
            Ive tried out the ajax search now, and although i haven’t styled it in any way, i do have it working.
            This also doesn’t seem to search TV’s though?

Anyone have any ideas? Ideally i dont really need the ajax search. The concept of the FlexSearchForm would be fine for what i want to do but i just need something that will search TV’s properly...

does anyone have any ideas?

...and does nobody else have this problem? im new to MODX but one of the key benefits to me is being able to make my designs work with the CMS, and in reality this involves lots of TV’s rather than just a big content block.

Any help would be greatfully received!!

Thanks
              • 2,542 Posts
              Hi which version of ajaxsearch are you using ?
              You need the latest version (1.5) to search TVs

Note that if your content has special characters (accentued letters), the search does not provide accurate results .

:-)

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,11228.msg75941.html#msg75941
                Made with MODx : [url=http://www.copadel.com]copadel, fruits et l
                • 786 Posts
                If you use the version heliotrope talked about it should search through tvs, although it will not process any of the @ bindings, so that will have to wait for a future release. If you don’t want the ajax functionality you can still use it and set the parameter &ajaxSearch=`0` then it will function just like flexsearch.
                  • 8 Posts
                  Thanks for the info guys. Much apreciated!

I’m using version 1.0 by the look of it so I’ll install 1.5 and give that a try..

Cheers ;-)
                    • 8 Posts
                    Ive installed version 1.5 now, nice and easy to do, problem is now i get an error where my form field was. Ive double checked everything and it all seems correct. I really dont understand how to debug this error though?

Error below:
                    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ’<’ in /sites/rentin/htdocs/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code on line 1

Any of you kind people have any ideas?

Cheers
                      • 786 Posts
                      Try recopying the code into the snippet, looks like you probably have an extra start php tag.