We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 37 Posts
    You can use the webgroupSearch parameter to define a list of web groups names.
    The webgroupSearchMode parameter will restrict the search (1) to this list or exclude it (0).
    [!HyperFlexSearchForm &webgroupSearch=`Members,Private` &webgroupSearchMode=`0`!]

Of course, you can do the same with documentgroupSearch and documentgroupSearchMode.

The full snippet documentation will be soon online and will come with a new release of the snippet.

Thank you for you interest.
      • 45 Posts
      Quote from: bullrat at Sep 25, 2006, 12:57 PM

Just following up to ask one last time -- Does anyone know how to set HyperFlexSearchForm to restrict its search to specificed folders? Thanks.

Bullrat, I would like to restrict the search the same way that you describe. Has anyone make any progress with this yet? I’m getting an error on line 666 whenever i change the values that would seem to pertain to this (using v2r3)
        -dan
        http://wylio.com
        Wylio - Pictures for Bloggers
        • 573 Posts
        Can hyperflexsearch form search content in Tv`s or is this a modx core problem?
          • 37 Posts
          Quote from: Marturion at Dec 17, 2006, 10:51 PM

Quote from: bullrat at Sep 25, 2006, 12:57 PM

Just following up to ask one last time -- Does anyone know how to set HyperFlexSearchForm to restrict its search to specificed folders? Thanks.

Bullrat, I would like to restrict the search the same way that you describe. Has anyone make any progress with this yet? I’m getting an error on line 666 whenever i change the values that would seem to pertain to this (using v2r3)
          Hi Marturion,

Could you please send me a copy of the code you’re using to call HyperFlexSearchForm ?

Thank you.

Quote from: g5604 at Dec 18, 2006, 08:15 AM

Can hyperflexsearch form search content in Tv`s or is this a modx core problem?
          Hi,

You can’t search in TVs using the last release of HyperFlexSearchForm but we could add this feature to the next release.
            • 573 Posts
            that would be great, because even for simple design It advantageous to split the template up into two content areas.
              • 45 Posts
              Hello Benjamin,

I’ve switched things around a bit and i’m no-longer getting the error on line 666, (i don’t remember the call i was using at that time anymore)
              but my results are still not quite what i’m looking for.

I would like to restrict the search to only happen to documents below my parent of 38, what would a call look like that does that?

Thanks!

Here is what i’m currently using:

[[HyperFlexSearchForm? &parentSearchMode=`1` &parentSearch =`38` &FSF_landing=`8` &FSF_showResults=`0`]]
                -dan
                • 37 Posts
                Hi Marturion,

A new release (2r4) is now available, it should allow you to restrict your search to the specified parent id.
                This release fixes some issues about how the parent folders are managed.

Thanks for your interest.
                  • 45 Posts
                  Great! Thanks Benjamin. This looks to be a very useful snippet.

Edit:

Hmm... It still doesn’t appear to be restricting the search to a certain parent, and now at the top of my results page i’m getting this:

SELECT cnt.`id`, cnt.`pagetitle`, cnt.`description`, cnt.`content` FROM `database name was here, removed for post`.modx_site_content AS cnt WHERE cnt.`published`=’1’ AND cnt.`searchable`=’1’ AND cnt.`deleted`=’0’ AND ( (LOWER(cnt.`pagetitle`) LIKE ’%test%’ OR LOWER(cnt.`description`) LIKE ’%test%’ OR LOWER(cnt.`content`) LIKE ’%test%’) ) ORDER BY `editedon` DESC, `createdon` DESC LIMIT 200;

Perhaps I’m not calling it correctly, would mind posting an example call for a search restricted to a certain parent?
                  This is what i’m using:
                  [[HyperFlexSearchForm? &parentSearchMode=`1` &parentSearch =`38` &FSF_landing=`8` &FSF_showResults=`0`]]

Edit Again:
                  I got the search to restrict to a certain parent by putting the parent number in the Snippet instead of in the call, but i’m still getting the unwanted output shown above on my results page.. thanks again for any help!
                    -dan
                    • 37 Posts
                    You can download the new release again and it will work properly now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                      • 45 Posts
                      Wonderful, Looks like it’s working great now, thanks again for your time!
                        -dan