We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    sorry for late reply,

yes I did and it's present. I even checked for the FormIt translations and they are all there too. With exactly the same names as i'm seeing at the frontend like mewolari mentioned.
      • 63 Posts
      I have exactly the same problem. I need the error messages translated into German. I see that the "de" lexicon is present in:
      core/components/formit/lexicon/de
      I added the code in my Template Formit call: &language=`de` and I get the message: formit.field_required

Can anybody please help?
      Thanks in advance.
        • 32 Posts
        Still no one with a solution to this problem?
          • 84 Posts
          I dont use &language=`nl` anymore.

What works perfectly for me is the following syntax for FormIt:

[[!FormIt?
             &hooks=`spam,email,redirect`
             &emailTpl=`contactTpl`
             &emailSubject=`Bericht verzonden via contact-formulier website`
             &emailTo=`[email protected]`
             &validate=`naam:required,
                email:email:required,
                bericht:required:stripTags`
             &redirectTo=`27`
          ]]

Change following settings in System -> System Settings
          -locale nl_NL
          -cultureKey nl

Good luck!
            • 6 Posts
            Just bumping this in case anyone has found a solution as yet?

If I have no &language set in Formit, it works. If I set &language to `en` it works in English (obviously). Set it to anything else and it doesn't - I get the formit.field_required message.

Any ideas?
              • 47 Posts
              I had same problem what I did is set these setting: system Settings > Core > Lexicon en Language --> cultureKey: nl and fe_editor_lang: nl. Now errormessages are in nl(dutch) without setting formit lexicon-settings.
                UI /UX designer + bit of Front-End Developer. Getting around with MODx Revolution
                • 7 Posts
                I am facing a similar error …
                The error message is always "Fieldname is required". I don't know where the "is required" comes from and how to change it.
                - there is 'de' translation in my lexicon
                - I translated the english version as well
                - locale settings are set to 'de' (locale and culture key)

I even can't find 'is required" within my database. Any suggestions?
                • What is that message coming from? The Manager, or a FormIt form on the front-end?

Lexicons aren't in the database, they are files. The Manager lexicon files are found in core/lexicon, while extras like FormIt would have their own lexicon files in their core/components/extra-name directories.
                    Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                    Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                    Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Look in core/components/formit/lexicon.

The string is in the default.inc.php files there. I don't know why FormIt is not using that file when you set &language=`de`. Looking at the FormIt class file code, it should definitely load that file based on the &language setting.

If not, you might try setting this in the FormIt snippet:

$modx->setOption('cultureKey', 'de');

or this in the FormIt class file:

$this->modx->setOption('cultureKey', 'de');

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                      • 7 Posts
                      Thanks for the answers. I fixed it in the PHP file – it was hard-coded into components/formitbuilder/model/formitbuilder/FormRule.class.php

I replaced the string in this file and it works. It was on the front-end, not the manager. But I am wondering why formIt doesn't load the string from the DB?!

I also tried to copy "$modx->setOption('cultureKey', 'de');" into my formIt snippets, but it will still loads it from the PHP file.