We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 152 Posts
    I have just tried on a fresh installation with Revo 2.11 pl with the lastest version of FormIt 1.60 pl on the same server as earlier, and with the snippet call and chunk as paramaniac had posted.

There are definitely something changed!

Now the result are: The placeholder for the attachment are now filled with the filename in the email, but the file are missing as a attachment.

But I don’t know if it a bug in FormIt 1.60 pl or Revolution 2.11 pl

Just to clarify: Tested on PHP version: 5.2.9
      - A small step for mankind, so why not take two...

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
      • 72 Posts
      Thanks Henrik, really appreciate you trying my code!
      Maybe you’re right and there is an issue with the latest versions?
        • 14 Posts
        I tried the code I posted earlier on a server which has upload_tmp_dir properly set, with MODx 2.1.1 and FormIt 1.5.4-pl. The attachment worked.

Then upgraded to FormIt 1.6.0-pl, the attachment did not work any more!
          • 72 Posts
          I have yet to try this on the server at work, but on my personal server I installed Revo 2.1.1-pl and then tried with Formit 1.5.4-pl and 1.5.6-pl and the file uploaded and attached to the email with no problems.

This is very likely a bug with Formit 1.6.0-pl
            • 37 Posts
            I concur same problem.

MODX Revolution 2.1.1-pl
            FormIt 1.6.0-pl

Attachments just shown as filename string.
              • 72 Posts
              I’m glad it’s not just me! Thought I was loosing it.

I am at work now and need to downgrade Formit to 1.5.6-pl to get the attachments working, but it seems that the MODx Extras section on the website seems to be down: http://modx.com/extras/
              Is anyone else seeing it? Also the installed packages in my MODx installation back-end are not showing up, I guess this is because the extras section is not accessible?
                • 14 Posts
                I am at work now and need to downgrade Formit to 1.5.6-pl to get the attachments working, but it seems that the MODx Extras section on the website seems to be down: http://modx.com/extras/
                Is anyone else seeing it? Also the installed packages in my MODx installation back-end are not showing up, I guess this is because the extras section is not accessible?

Same here. I found a copy of FormIt 1.5.5-pl on my hard drive, hope this is also fine for you. Find it here: http://www.freepx.net/formit-1.5.5-pl.transport.zip
                • FYI everyone having a problem with this - it was indeed a problem in FormIt 1.6.0-pl. Please see the not-long released 1.7.0-rc1 as that contains a fix for this issue.
                    Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                  • I know it is an old topic, but I want to know if someone has experience with FormIt and custom attachments. Automatic attachments from file-uplodas works fine, but I want to create a PDF on submit and email that file.

I tried a couple things but did not find any good working solution
                      MODX Ambassador (NL) & Professional MODX developer
                      Follow me on Twitter | Visit my page on Facebook | View my code on Github | View my script posts
                      MODX e-commerce solution SimpleCart
                      • 18 Posts
                      Like bertoost, I'm also looking for a way to have a defined attachment sent with the email. In my case it's a custom user registration (not through the Login/Register snippets) where there needs to be a .docx file attached with each registration.

Can this be done with FormIt? How?