We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Hi.
    I’ve tried to get the eForm-snippet to work. I’ve downloadet the version 1.4.3 and followed the example, but nothing shows. Can anyone help?
      • 24 Posts
      Hi - I just have an add-on to my previous post.
      I’ve now tried to make a very simple version of a eForm. I’ve made three chunk, which basically all just contain text like: This is the MailForm - and nothing else.

This is my snippet-call:
      [!eForm? &formid=`kontaktform` &tpl=`eFormKontaktform` &report=`eFormMailskabelon` &debug=`1` !]

Nothing happens. Why? (and I mean - zip, non, nothing, intet, nichts)
        • 1 Posts
        in this thread there is some good help.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2122.msg50100.html#msg50100

also a search for eform will help you a lot.
          • 2,542 Posts
          Hi

If your tpl is empty eform won’t be executed.
          I guess you need to set the same id in <form> tag as the &formid=`kontaktform` to make eform work

:-)

Made with MODx : [url=http://www.copadel.com]copadel, fruits et l
            • 24 Posts
            Answer to BB.
            Hi.
            I’ve tried the example, you posted, but still nothing is showing on the page where I’ve put the snippet-call
              • 1 Posts
              Did you call the snippet with double [[ ]] ?

My call =

[[eForm? &formid=`feedbackForm` &to=`[email protected]` &tpl=`feedbackform` &report=`feedbackreport` &vericode=`1`]]

And it shows up.
                • 24 Posts
                Hi BB.
                Now I’ve Copy/Pastet your snippet call (like I Copy/Pasted the rest of the example) and nothing shows...
                  • 24 Posts
                  Could it be an error in 1.4.3?
                    • 1,010 Posts
                    1.4.3 works for me. The fact that you don’t get any output may indicate that the snippet is not found. Have a look at the actual snippet itself. Did you by accident save it as Eform or eFOrm? Even a space after eForm could get you into trouble.

If all of that is allright, edit the snippet and temporarily add a
                    return "Am I seeing the eForm snippet?";

to the top of the snippet code.

Are you seeing this in your document?

By the way make sure you cal the snippet uncached! ( [!eForm ... !] ) otherwise you may not see the changes...
                      • 24 Posts
                      You’re right. It seems like the snippet isn’t found - I tried ’echo "hej";’ in the snippet code, and nothing happened, but the snippet is called eForm like it should. The snippet files are placed in assets/snippets/eform like they should. As I can see everything is as it should be - it just doesn’t work...! Frustrating..!