We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 615 Posts
    Ok, thanks for the good information, and hopefully no feelings hurt. smiley
      I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
    • Not here; a post has to be pretty deliberately obnoxious to offend anybody here.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 12 Posts
        I have a really strange problem with this setup. I’ve copied the example and pasted it to my website to try it out. If I fill in email, email in the first form and then post to get the second form. I do get the second form but it’s like all my other modules(wayfinder, weblogin) doesn’t render correctly. For instance WayFinder usually prints out a link to a css-file but after the post it doesn’t. Wayfinder does however print out the actuall menu(but since I doesn’t print the css it looks like crap).

So it seems that somehow the multiFormFunctions stop the processing, not only for eForm but for all snippets/chunks. Any ideas here?
        I’m running Modx 0.9.5 and eForm 1.4.1, tried 1.4.3. Same thing.

Thanks!
          • 12 Posts
          I don’t know if this is related but when I get to the second form(and everything looks messed up) eForm prints out that I haven’t filled in "Your Adress, Your Town". Which should suggest that when I post form one, when form two loads it somehow goes into validation?
            • 576 Posts
            Quote from: goddang at Mar 14, 2007, 01:34 PM
            I don’t know if this is related but when I get to the second form(and everything looks messed up) eForm prints out that I haven’t filled in "Your Adress, Your Town". Which should suggest that when I post form one, when form two loads it somehow goes into validation?
            Take a look at my post on page one of this thread.
              • 12 Posts
              Quote from: sirlancelot at Mar 14, 2007, 03:18 PM

Take a look at my post on page one of this thread.

Interesting, I did look at your post before(and every post in this thread trying to find the solution). My first impression was that the example was changed as per your request, hence adding the "unset($_POST);". After rereading your post I commented out the "unset($_POST);" and instead used "$_POST = array();". The problem with validation when loading the second form went away. I am however still experiencing the other problem where my other chunks somehow fail.....
                • 12 Posts
                Quote from: goddang at Mar 14, 2007, 11:32 AM

I have a really strange problem with this setup. I’ve copied the example and pasted it to my website to try it out. If I fill in email, email in the first form and then post to get the second form. I do get the second form but it’s like all my other modules(wayfinder, weblogin) doesn’t render correctly. For instance WayFinder usually prints out a link to a css-file but after the post it doesn’t. Wayfinder does however print out the actuall menu(but since I doesn’t print the css it looks like crap).

So it seems that somehow the multiFormFunctions stop the processing, not only for eForm but for all snippets/chunks. Any ideas here?
                I’m running Modx 0.9.5 and eForm 1.4.1, tried 1.4.3. Same thing.

Thanks!

This definitely looks like a bug or something in the "beforeMailSentFunction"-function, if I comment out this: "$modx->sendForward($modx->documentIdentifier);" it doesn’t mess upp the layout, but the multi-page-form-function becomes kind of crippled tongue ...
                I’m really lost here, anyone have any pointers?
                  • 12 Posts
                  Ok, I’ve done some more testing. If I on the same page include a test snippet containing:
                  <?php
                  return $modx->getChunk(’test’);
                  ?>

and a create chunk "test" that just prints some random shit it works. I get the output from the test-chunk on form two. However the chunks that should get included from my WebLogin and WayFinder snippets doesn’t work....grr sad
                    • 12 Posts
                    Ok, I seem to have found a solution to my problem. If I change the "$modx->sendForward($modx->documentIdentifier);" to "$modx->sendRedirect($modx->makeUrl($modx->documentIdentifier));"
                    It works.

Just thought I share my discoveries.

/dang
                      • 502 Posts
                      I can confirm that with PHP 5.1.6
                      unset($_POST);
                      is sufficient. However with PHP 4.3.10 you need to use
                      $_POST = array();
                      TobyL - you might want to change the example in the first posting to use both methods so other people don’t run into this trap. smiley

Andy