We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,310 Posts
    The snippet code dev_cw posted has been corrected.
    Back to basics then wink
    Have you named your snippet eformUserInfo ?
    Is the page uncached ?
    If the site’s on an external server, you can always PM the login details and I’ll have a quick look.
      • 70 Posts
      Hi

The snippet code dev_cw posted has been corrected.
      Back to basics then
      Have you named your snippet eformUserInfo ?
      Is the page uncached ?

Yes and yes... I pasted the code again, resaved it (3rd time) and now it works... maybe it didn’t save properly last time. The weird thing is it pulls the date and users email address but not still NOT the username.
      Either way - this will do for now as i have convinced the client that as email addresses are unique they make great usernames wink

Thanks for the help. I may PM you the info later if you still want a peek... for now I must crack on - I have some catching up to do.

Thanks to all that have posted on this one... i hope this post may help someone else that comes across the same little ’issue’, although I hope nobody does as I have aged 10 years in48 hours.

I guess i don’t have to run back to Joomla now or join the post office grin
      • This worked for me.... it displays the username.

<?php
        print_r($_SESSION['webShortname']);
        ?>

Uncached page... [!ShowSession!]

Using modx 0.9.6.3
          Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
          AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
          • 2,310 Posts
          Well, we got there in the end grin
            • 4,205 Posts
            The weird thing is it pulls the date and users email address but not still NOT the username.
            Are you sure you are logged in as a web user? I wonder why that is not working. When I get some time I will test this.
              [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don&#39;t know what it is.
              Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
              • 70 Posts
              Hi
              yeah definatly tried it as a user and got nothing. I have another issue that has popped up with this whole ’capture-the-user- and email-coz-people-are-too-lazy-to-type’ issue...
              how can I make sure the logged in user gets sent a copy of the form they filled out as well?

I tried this but my alternate email I have as a ’user’ never got any mail (what have I done wrong this time?? :’( )

<h3>Sponsor Search</h3>
              <p>Hello, [[namesession]] please fill in your request below,</p>
              <p>Please note: All fields are required.</p>

[[eformUserInfo]]
              [!eForm? &formid=`sponsorTeam` &subject=`[+subject+]` &to=`[email protected],[email protected]` &ccsender=`[+webEmail+]` &tpl=`sponsorTeam` &report=`sponsorTeamReport` &invalidClass=`invalidValue` &requiredClass=`requiredValue` &cssStyle=`ContactStyles` &gotoid=`46` &eFormOnBeforeMailSent=`eformUserData` !]

Any ideas...?

• 2,310 Posts
                &ccsender=`1`

Should send a copy to the address in the form field email
                Or
                &cc=`[+webEmail+]`

Should send a copy to the address in the placeholder webEmail
                  • 70 Posts
                  tried that as below but no joy...

<h3>Sponsor Search</h3>
                  <p>Hello, [[namesession]] please fill in your request below,</p>
                  <p>Please note: All fields are required.</p>

[[eformUserInfo]]
                  [!eForm? &formid=`sponsorTeam` &subject=`[+subject+]` &to=`[email protected],[email protected]` [b]&cc=`[+webEmail+]`[/b] &tpl=`sponsorTeam` &report=`sponsorTeamReport` &invalidClass=`invalidValue` &requiredClass=`requiredValue` &cssStyle=`ContactStyles` &gotoid=`46` &eFormOnBeforeMailSent=`eformUserData` !]

Will changing the order make any difference or is that a silly question?
                  Do i need any other hidden fileds in the form?

the top of my form is:

<p class="error">[+validationmessage+]</p>
                  <form method="post" action="[~[*id*]~]" id="sponsorTeam" class="mindform"><input name="sponsorTeam" type="hidden" value="sponsorTeam" />
                  <input type="hidden" name="userName" value="[+webShortname+]" />
                  <fieldset>
                  <legend>Sporting Information</legend>

Did i miss something?
                    • 2,310 Posts
                    I noticed you have the bold tags around &cc=`[+webEmail+]`.
                    You could try &bcc=`[+webEmail+]`, I seem to recall some people having issues with &cc but not with &bcc
                      • 70 Posts
                      The bold tags were in there just so highlight the code i had used. embarrassed
                      I’ll gave BCC a try... still no joy but i am going to retest after fiddling around a bit.