We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    Quote from: rthrash at Mar 07, 2007, 02:12 PM

FYI, the resource browser will not work at all in Safari (use Firefox instead). I doubt that’s the issue, even though I had a client in exactly that boat, but just FYI ...

Our users won’t be using safari anyway! Phew! Looks like opera dosen’t like it either - tried it with version 9.01 and no files are appearing in the FCKeditor File Browser. Hummm...

Cliff.
      • 4 Posts
      I don’t know if it is related to your issues but here is what worked for me.

The resource manager was not working on my server. No directory listings, no displayed files, just a window with the resource type and an empty path across the top. It was the same in Firefox and IE.

In Firefox I was getting "this.DOMDocument has no properties" error in fckxml.js. After some digging I came across these pages http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=89992 and http://forum.mamboserver.com/showpost.php?p=397798&postcount=9 which suggested that I disable mod_security.c. After disabling mod_security.c in the connector/php folder the resource browser worked in IE but still not in Firefox.

I was about to give up but then I tried one more thing. I deleted my Firefox cookies (actually only the cookies for my site), closed Firefox, and tried again. Bam! Works. So here you go this may work for you.

1) Create this .htaccess file in \manager\media\browser\mcpuk\connectors\php to disable mod_security.c

<IfModule mod_security.c>
      SecFilterEngine Off
      SecFilterScanPOST Off
      </IfModule>

2) Clear site cookies

3) Restart browser

I hope this helps.
        www.hypercubed.com
        • 33 Posts
        Thanks Hypercubed for the post - I tried it out and it didn’t work! Aw well, worth a try!

Thanks again,
        Cliff.
          • 264 Posts
          Ever found the solution, Cliff?
            • 33 Posts
            Hey Yoomai,

No solution - definatly related to being moved from a php 4 server to a php 5 server - the host is being no help, they moved the site without telling us for starters! so we are moving the site to a better more reliable hosting company where we will have more control. I’ve already copied the site to a similar server and it all works fine. So that should be the last of that particular problem!

cliff.
              • 161 Posts
              I got the similar problem: Including an image via TV isn’t possible anymore.

My guess: the client uploaded an image with an umlaut in the file name (I forgot to mention at the manual not to do this) because before this everything works fine. This may sound strange but I have no better explanation because nothing else was changed.

I deleted the umlaut-file, I deleted all the other images, uploaded an .htaccess-file as before mentioned. Nothing helped. I reinstalled an older version of the db (before the client uploaded the umlaut-image) without success.

Folder permissions and so on are all right.

Please, is there anybody with further suggestions. I wouldn’t like to build the whole website from the very beginning because it is a fairly complex one.

• 161 Posts
                With help of this post http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,10793.msg73324.html#msg73324 I found a solution.

I uploaded the index.html file at /assets/images from a fresh MODx 0.95 installation package. Everything works fine. :)
                  • 1,131 Posts
                  Quote from: Mazso at Apr 09, 2007, 10:35 AM

With help of this post http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,10793.msg73324.html#msg73324 I found a solution.

I uploaded the index.html file at /assets/images from a fresh MODx 0.95 installation package. Everything works fine. smiley

That is wild! I would never have guessed that the index.html file (or the lack of one) would cause this issue. I’ll have to dig further into the cause of it. Good find! smiley

Jeff
                    Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                    • 1,215 Posts
                    Hypercubed Thank you very much, your solution is realy work!
                      DirectResize 0.9 beta. PHPThumb, sets of configurations, configuration, binded to specific path. No backward compatibility. | DirectResize 0.9. PHPThumb, наборы параметров, параметры, привязанные к определенным путям. Без обратной совместимости.

Unfortunately, DirectResize project is closed. If you want to continue development, PM me for access to project page on Google Code. К сожалению, проект DirectResize закрыт. Если вы желаете продолжить разработки, обращайтесь через ПМ для получения доступа к репозиторию на Google Code.

[PLUGIN] DirectResize - as Maxigallery but for single images :: Download :: [url=http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21490]
                      • 62 Posts
                      Hi
                      Hypercubed I have exactly the same problem of you. I have followed your suggestions but the problem persists. sad