We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    OK, thanks for the help. I did a clean install of Modx with no Antivirus installed on my computer and Windows firewall turned off. But no change.

I am the only user and the administrator of my site, but i checked the user settings for administrator and they should be right. After viewing http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=11398.0

Hm and i tried the command, force refresh manager with no change.

But i guess it has to be something wrong with my computer since this is not a common problem as i understand. I know its very important to follow your advice correctly so i will try another install without Antivirus and firewall. And Ive been thinking that maybe my files doesn’t get uploaded to the server right, although Ive tried different ftp programs.

Sorry to say i haven’t solved this, and any more ideas are very welcome!
    • Thanks for being patient and helping us figure this out. You might want to re-upload all the files associated with the file browser... good idea.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Sounds like a good addition indeed and a great find. Thank you for your diligent research. smiley
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1,611 Posts
          I would give it a try if I were you. The worst that can heppen is it doesn’t help and you just delete it. Try adding that code to your main .htaccess file first to see if it does anything (if it doesn’t fix the problem when in the root it won’t work anywhere else either).
            "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
            • 27 Posts
            I think it should be something something wrong in the mcpuk connector files for Internet Explorer. Cause when i use Firefox there is no problem and it doesn’t show any download progress bar, it just says "download in progress" and the image uploads fine.
            But in Internet Explorer the download progress bar shows "0 % downloaded" all the time and there i get the error message.
            So I thought the error message shows because of the download progress doesn’t work. Ive tried to remove the file GetUploadProgress.php in manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands/ But with no change at all. Guess it should be one of those files in that directory that i have somehow managed to get wrong.

I have a deadline on my work set to this weekend tongue .....I’m getting a bit nervous, so any more ideas are much appreciated.
            • This really is a MCPuck issue, so I’d speak with some folks there. I doubt we’ll find a solution here since we didn’t actually author the code.
                • 27 Posts
                Found the solution at the FCKeditor forum at sourceforge.net which was very god for FCKeditor troubles. This was an old post though and Ive learned they no longer use mcpuk file browser in the editor.

In /manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands/"GetUploadProgress.php" Just add:

header ("content-type: text/XML");
                echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" ?>\n";

directly after:
                //Progresshandler not specified, return generic response

This solved everything for me, i now get the upload progress in both IE and FF and no error.
                So now I’m a happy camper/Modx user grin
                  • 1,611 Posts
                  And you seem to have figured out a very obscure and difficult bug - Good work!
                    "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                  • @adrock

In your research, did that seem to cause problems for browsers that weren’t having issues?
                      • 27 Posts
                      I’m not really sure because there was not much information about the problem, mostly unanswered questions which should mean that this is not a common error i guess? But why it happened to me and sometimes others i found no answer to.

But in the fix, it says that mcpuk shows the error message in IE and needs the extra code, as i understand it. But the fix is from 2005 so you could think the guys at mcpuk would have gotten on top of this by now. (If for a fact there there was something wrong in the code, which I’m not sure of)

For example i talked to a friend who said he had a cms (not Modx) at his last work and that he got the error message when updating their company site. And they just had to live with it.

I cant read code very well (yet rolleyes) so i cant say much about the coding, but the fix was found here:
                      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1361492&group_id=75348&atid=543655