We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    From the link you provided:

The correct way to fix this was to update "new_file_permissions" under System Settings from: 0664 to 0644, uninstall TinyMCE, then re-install.

Upon learning this, I realized this is not an issue with TinyMCE at all, and the link dialog works just as expected wink
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 80 Posts
      Thanks Bob, the problem was with the file permissions... in my case it was a permission setting on my assets/components folder was writable by group.

Pixelchutes thorough explaination and fix (original posted on github)

Glad you got it working smiley

As I mentioned above, I believe this is related to suPHP permission requirements.

By understanding suPHP permission requirements, you’ll find that all directories must be chmod to 755 and all files chmod 644...not just the TinyMCE files, but everything in your web root. In your case, a group writable directory is all it takes to trigger the Error 500, and in some cases, the 404.

To prevent this issue moving forward (especially when installing Extras via the package manager), ensure you have the following MODx System Settings:

* new_file_permissions
      * new_folder_permissions

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/new_file_permissions

http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/new_folder_permissions

When running suPHP, you’ll want to set to 0644 and 0755. I think early versions of MODx Revolution may have defaulted to 0664, but am not certain. In my case, I simply added these settings, uninstalled then reinstalled the components and was able to fix entirely within MODx Revo Manager.
        Environment:
        modx: rev 2.0.8-pl
        localhost: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) PHP/5.2.11 DAV/2, MySQL client version: 5.1.37
      • If you’re still reading this post, you were in the same boat as me and the above solutions didn’t work for you either. I checked my server logs and found out that the 500 error was instead a result of an incorrect file name. I checked core/config/config.inc.php and saw that my $modx_connectors_path on line 29 was wrong. After fixing that, I was in business.
          • 3 Posts
          I have the same problem with MODx Revo 2.08 Traditional.
          The TinyMCE package is version 4.2.3.

Problem was found in /assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/modxlink/link.php file itself.

The first command is "require_once dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)))))))).’/config.core.php’;"

while I believe it should be with /admin/ path for config file to be found.

Added /admin before /config.core.php in line mentioned.
          Works fine.
            • 80 Posts
            Quote from: termit at Apr 23, 2011, 12:21 PM

Problem was found in /assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/modxlink/link.php file itself.

The first command is "require_once dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)))))))).’/config.core.php’;"

Works fine.

Doesn’t anyone check this before offering it for download? I just upgraded to TinyMCE 4.2.3 so I will make sure I have the correct file path... as soon as I solve the other bug which is not loading TinyMCE at all whatsoever in the manager. We should change the name of TinyMCE to TinyPOS smiley
              Environment:
              modx: rev 2.0.8-pl
              localhost: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) PHP/5.2.11 DAV/2, MySQL client version: 5.1.37
              • 131 Posts
              Quote from: tonydiniro at Dec 12, 2010, 08:02 PM

I hab the issue, I changed the permission to 705 of the files
              in the directory :
              /www/modx2/assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/modxlink

And now it works! I don’t know why...

(MODx Revolution 2.0.4-pl2)

Tony, you are a life saver. I did this and it all works fine now. I was having the same ’404 page not found’ message when i clicked on the link icon.
                • 24,544 Posts
                Quote from: Hlight at May 05, 2011, 12:15 PM
                Quote from: termit at Apr 23, 2011, 12:21 PM

The first command is "require_once dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__)))))))).'/config.core.php';"

Works fine.

Doesn't anyone check this before offering it for download?  I just upgraded to TinyMCE 4.2.3 so I will make sure I have the correct file path... as soon as I solve the other bug which is not loading TinyMCE at all whatsoever in the manager.  We should change the name of TinyMCE to TinyPOS smiley

Your TinyMCE is ahead of your MODX version. Did you download TinyMCE through Package Manager? It shouldn't allow you to download it into a version where it won't work.

That line can't use a MODX constant because they won't be set until after the config.core.php file is read, so in the current version of MODX (which has no admin directory) it's just the raw path to the MODX root directory, where there's always a config.core.php file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 834 Posts
                  It would be really helpful if you could tell people where these files are under Systems Settings.

* new_file_permissions
                  * new_folder_permissions

I've looked thru the entire list every which way and there are none with that name. Also using the search function to look for them brings up no results.

Using the actual name would probably be better as would telling people what area filter to use.

There's nothing so frustrating as been told to look for something under Systems Settings and then not being told where it actually is.

Thanks
                    Content Creator and Copywriter
                    • 834 Posts
                    OK,

the reason I can't find them is because they don't exist. (You're messing with me aren't you guys? (ha))

You have to create them as new settings first. See http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/System+Settings#SystemSettings-CreatingnewSystemSettings%28viatheGUI%29

Such fun.
                      • 834 Posts
                      Ugh,

after creating the new settings, uninstalling and reinstalling Tiny MCE I still get the same Page not found error.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks