We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    I am having an issue with TinyMCE 2.1.0, after a 0.9.6 RC2 upgrade.

I edit TinyMCE theme in Tools > Configuration > Interface & Features > TinyMCE Settings > Theme from simple to any other them, hit save and when I get back to the config, it never took the theme change into account. I am stuck with the "simple" theme.

I have downloaded TinyMCE standalone @resources and re-installed the plugin but same issue. It’s not a RC2 install related problem, nor corrupt files...
    Anyone has experienced the same problem ?

Any idea to fix this ?

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 1,131 Posts
      Did you upgrade to 0.9.6 RC2 from an existing 0.9.5 site? I’ll do some tests by performing an upgrade from a 0.9.5 install. Don’t know if I’ll be able to duplicate it though. Have you tried completely removing any and all TinyMCE plugins and installing it from scratch? Also, take a look in the Resource->Plugins section and see if there are duplicates. One of the things I did with plugins is to not overwrite a prior version of a plugin. Instead, it looks to see if a different version exists that the one being installed. If so, then it installs the plugin but sets it to disabled. So...I think all you need to do is to disable the older version and enable the new version. Take note of the plugin configuration though...some things might have changed. smiley

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 7,075 Posts
        Thanks Jeff for the quick response.

I did upgrade from 0.9.5 to 0.9.6 RC2 indeed.
        I had no issue when I did the upgrade to 0.9.6 RC1 on another install.

I had no duplicates. I cautiously un-installed 2.0.9 before installing 2.1.0.

As I said, I re-installed from the TinyMCE 2.1.0 package after encountering those issue : no change.
        Better yet, I un-installed, downloaded 2.0.9 package and installed it : no change.

There is something else going on I guess. I have another 0.9.5 > 0.96RC2 install suffering from the same issue (same server).
        Maybe a DB setting ? I’ll give that a look...

Edit : Funny... the tinymce_editor_theme in the modx_system_settings table is "custom" as selected, but the manager still displays the theme as "simple" in Tools > Configuration > Interface & Features > TinyMCE Settings > Theme, and more importantly it’s the simple toolbar which gets displayed...

MODx est l'outil id
          • 7,075 Posts
          My, my, DUMB ME it would seem I totally forgot to check out user preferences rolleyes
          Sorry for the inconvenience it’s really d-u-m-b of me !

But let me clarify one thing : when user’s preference has no value, will it inherit the site’s configuration value ?
          Would seem logical but I wanted to make sure..

MODx est l'outil id
            • 1,131 Posts
            Yeah, it will inherit the global setting if it’s not set as a user preference. User preferences pretty much override anything. smiley
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 7,075 Posts
              Thanks Jeff smiley

While I am here, I am a bit confused with 2.1.0, can’t change the toolbar location (displayed at bottom instead of top)... it seems this config is not located at the same place as before : is it in tinymce.functions.php ? )

MODx est l'outil id
                • 1,131 Posts
                The Simple and Advanced themes are hardcoded default settings for TinyMCE and can’t be easily changed. Instead, use the Custom theme and just set what buttons and plugins you want to appear. smiley
                  Jeff Whitfield

• 7,075 Posts
                  Ok thanks that will save me time to know that !

MODx est l'outil id
                  • @davidm,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I finally solved an outstanding issue that was sure to cause baldness. My hair thanks you as well.

Your reference to the modx_system_settings table and User Permissions lead me directly to the modx_user_settings table:

This related thread may be of interest: The Mysterious Missing TinyMCE and the Stow-Away Settings

Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                      MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                      [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                      Glad I could help grin

I really thought I would go bald too tongue
                      I’ll read the related thread with interrest !

MODx est l'outil id