We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 107 Posts
    For all those who do not know, Wysiwygpro has developed a plug in for ModX. In fact they run their own company site on ModX. This is just a plug for anyone using RTE’s to check this out. http://www.wysiwygpro.com/ It works so much better than FCK or Tiny, is less buggy, puts out better code, has a very nice image editor and is constantly being worked on.

The developer said that they are not sure if they will continue to support ModX because of the lack of response to it. This would be a shame as it’s the best editor for Modx out there. I’ve used it on over a dozen sites and my clients love it. If you buy a 10 pack it only costs $43.90 per domain. So the price tag is very reasonable.

I’d be open to discussing the pro and cons of using a commercial plug in but in my experience this has saved us so much time trying to walk through the often unpredictable output of FCK and Tiny. At $44 this is a necessary plug-in.

CJP
      Crawford Paul

Bridgecourt Web Design - Proudly using ModX CMS
      Serving Welland, Niagara, Ontario, Canada and the world!
      http://www.bridgecourt.com
      • 1,131 Posts
      Yeah, I really need to followup with the Wysiwygpro guys on this. Been meaning to. smiley

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 4,205 Posts
        I did not know that they had a modx plugin available. Good to know. The editor is similar to Tiny but somewhat refined. The media browser is cool.

Anyway, here is the direct link to the modx plugin info: http://www.wysiwygpro.com/index.php?id=420
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 741 Posts
          I see that there are a lot of demo’s to see Wysiwygpro working inside a cms, but MODx misses. Maybe they will get more response if they add a MODx demo smiley
            with regards,

Ronald Lokers
            'Front-end developer' @ h2o Media

• 4,205 Posts
            I found that odd as well, specially since the site is in modx.
              [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

• 107 Posts
              I think the main reason they don’t have a demo is because they consider the plugin a beta. It’s not really since it’s stable but the one main thing it’s missing is when you click to add a hyperlink you don’t get the option to pick from the document tree and select an internal page. This was scheduled to be developed but they didn’t get many responses from the ModX community that there was interest. So they put it on the back burner until they get more nudges. We’ve used the beta now for over 10 sites and have had no problems.

Crawford Paul

• 1,131 Posts
                I just started talking to one of the folks at ViziMetrics, the makers of WysiwygPro. This may turn into a good relationship, one where I will help them immensely in getting a solid MODx plugin fully developed for them. smiley

Jeff
                  Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                  • 4,205 Posts
                  That sounds great grin grin

• 107 Posts
                    Thanks Jeff!! This is exactly what I was hoping for that WPro guys would see some interest from the ModX community. Let me know if there is anything we can do on our end.
                      Crawford Paul

• 7,075 Posts
                      Great new, price tag is definitely very reasonnable, if it really is better than Tiny, I’ll give it a shot !
                        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id