We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    Ok, I’ve posted versions of TinyMCE and FCKEditor that use the Ajax File Manager (www.phpletter.com). Keep in mind that this is very much a beta so expect bugs. I’ve had good luck with this but that doesn’t mean everyone will. Still have a little ways to go. Basically I need to break out the config for AFM so that custom options can be set via an AFM plugin. Should be able to knock that out once I’ve worked out a few kinks.

Till then, test these and let me know what you think. smiley

http://modxcms.com/FCKEditor-2.5-AFM-Beta-1-1751.html
    http://modxcms.com/TinyMCE-2.1.3-AFM-Beta-1-1752.html

Jeff
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
      • 634 Posts
      The first impression is very good. Didn’t encounter any bugs yet. Very wellcome alternative to MCPUK.
        Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
        • 7 Posts
        I am trying to test out this file manager for a website i’m developing, and I can’t seem to find how to access the file manager directly from tinymce 2.1.3 afm.
        Is there something I’m overlooking?? You two don’t seem to have a problem with it.

Please help!!
          • 616 Posts
          there is only a link to AFM in the advImage and advLink dialog
            • 7 Posts
            Are you talking about the "advanced" tab in the Javascript popup?? if so, no link showing.

It’s a fresh install of the plugin TinyMCE 2.1.3 afm. I haven’t tweeked any of the config files to change anything. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to.
              • 616 Posts
              I guess you need to uninstall the old tinyMCE plugin and the install the new plugin incl. the AFM
                • 7 Posts
                well, i removed the old TinyMCE, and no change. i don’t know why there’s no link for the AFM. When you install a newer version of TinyMCE or FCKeditor the other versions of that plugin that are currently installed are automatically disabled. That was the case with mine, the older version was disabled, but i removed the older version to see if it would change anything. Nothing.
                  • 898 Posts
                  i had the same problem. the new version didnt show up until i changed from ’advanced’ to ’content editor’

and the links popup wouldnt work in safari3 though (popup would open but submit button did nothing).
                    Chuck the Trukk
                    ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
                    - - - - - - - -
                    What are TV's? Here's some info below.
                    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
                    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008
                    • 7 Posts
                    Thanks a bunch ProWebscape. I’m slowly making ground. I had the ’content editor’ selection picked within the ’plugin’ configuration, but not in ’Tools’>’Configuration’>. I had to change both settings to ’editor’ before it would work.

However, it’s still not working in the front end. It only works when you’re editing pages from within the manager. Which doesn’t help me much. I’m trying to get blogs set up using an RTE and allow the webusers to upload pictures for their blog posts. Giving them a separate ’Manager’ login with instructions on how to fumble around and update their postings with pictures will only lead to a miriad of support questions. And in most cases i’ll have to answer the same questions over and over and over again. Which i would like to aviod.

Does anybody know how to configure so it will allow AFM access on the front-end??
                      • 119 Posts
                      Installed (as I never got FCKEditor’s resource browser to work anymore after a provider change huh )

And runs fine smiley ...

... but one thing...

Our different Manager Users have each access to different resource directories (Security/Manager Users/...)
                      AFM seems to ignore these and always go to the general settings (Tools/Configuration/...) ??