We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    Anyone have Xinha running as a plugin? (Just wanted to be sure before I contemplated writing my own)
      • 1,131 Posts
      I’m sort of working on one. Got the preliminary code up and running. I just need to work on integrating some settings and the Resource Manager. Shouldn’t take long. smiley

Quote from: MARKSVIRTUALDESK at Jul 21, 2005, 04:22 PM

Anyone have Xinha running as a plugin? (Just wanted to be sure before I contemplated writing my own)
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 3,250 Posts
        Which nightly are you using? Some of the latest don’t seem to work with the newest version of FF. I have a nightly from a few months ago that works just as good as the new version (sans a few recently created plugins) if you need it.
          • 1,131 Posts
          Quote from: MARKSVIRTUALDESK at Jul 21, 2005, 04:44 PM

Which nightly are you using? Some of the latest don’t seem to work with the newest version of FF. I have a nightly from a few months ago that works just as good as the new version (sans a few recently created plugins) if you need it.

This is what is shown on the version tab in the About dialog box:

Release: Trunk (Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:15:29 +1200)
          Head: http://svn.xinha.python-hosting.com/trunk/htmlarea.js
          Revision: 268
          Last Changed By: gogo

Since the Xinha devs don’t appear to be showing the revision numbers on their site, it seems that this is the only way to tell which version it is. I’m currently running on Firefox 1.0.6 and don’t see any real problems yet with Xinha. Then again...I could be wrong. Guess we’ll see. smiley
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 3,250 Posts
            Quote from: Bravado at Jul 21, 2005, 04:40 PM

I’m sort of working on one. Got the preliminary code up and running. I just need to work on integrating some settings and the Resource Manager. Shouldn’t take long. smiley

Quote from: MARKSVIRTUALDESK at Jul 21, 2005, 04:22 PM

Do you think you could share your preliminary code with the community? It would be great! Thanks.
              • 1,131 Posts
              No problem. However, keep in mind that this isn’t even close to done. What you’ll see here is just the editor itself...no special settings or anything. I still have to work on getting the Resource Manager to work with it and I need to get some of the Xinha settings in the Configuration menu. Lots to do...but at least this will show that the editor itself will work dandy with the new plugin system. laugh
                Jeff Whitfield

• 3,250 Posts
                Thanks Jeff!

Nice installer ......... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

The plugin is great! With a few code differances you can theme xinha to look like modx. Just use

link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" title="xp-blue" href="/skins/xp-blue/skin.css" />

at the beginning of the plugin to a theme (change the directory to change the skin css.

and replace
                editor_url  = '{$base_url}assets/plugins/xinha/';
                				_editor_lang = "en";

with
                	_editor_url  = '{$base_url}assets/plugins/xinha/';
                				_editor_lang = "en";
                                                _editor_skin = "xp-blue";

where editor_skin is the skin name.

Hope this helps.
                  • 56 Posts
                  Let us know when it is completely working and please provide us with guidelines about what exactly to do to have it work. Excellent development!
                    • 1,131 Posts
                    Quote from: eko40 at Aug 02, 2005, 08:11 AM

Let us know when it is completely working and please provide us with guidelines about what exactly to do to have it work. Excellent development!

Yeah...I’m a little behind on this. Been busy with some other things. But I should be able to get on top of this here in another day or so. Work is work! Ugg! wink
                      Jeff Whitfield

• 1,131 Posts
                      Just a quick update on my progress with this. I still have some work to do on the plugin...not much...but enough to keep me busy another week though. wink However, due to some required changes in the core, I’ll have to wait till TP4 to release it. The reason is that I’m implementing some array values for some of the plugin settings. As such, the core needs a small change to allow storing manager settings as arrays. Why use an array? Well, in the case of the Xinha plugin, I felt it best to use an array to store which plugins will be used in the editor. That way the user can select and/or deselect which plugins in Xinha they wish to use. This is just one feature...but I have a few more I’m implementing as well. Should prove to be quite snazzy once it’s done.

More to come...
                        Jeff Whitfield