We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 433 Posts
    Something went wrong, so I’ll try and post this again.
    PMS, thanks again for helping me out. I looked into my settings, but redirection mode was already set to ’current else browser’. That means something else must be causing it.

Attaching screenshots is not working. I’ll try to send you a DM with the screenshots and link to the website.
      • 104 Posts
      Hi all,

I have the same probleme, maybe this will help find the solution,
      I have site in FR and EN with specific aliase for each language.

URL/lumber-species.php for EN
      URL/essences-bois.php for FR

since french is default, but in both language I get this link URL/essences-bois.php?en_start=5 has you can see, it gives me the aliase for the french with english ID wich brings me to the right page but wrong language, always brings back to french.

• 805 Posts
        Hi Egam.

I have just tried this in root name mode and it works fine in that case. Please can you tell me a bit about your set-up? Are you using root names, different server names for each language, unique multilingual aliases, etc.

Thanks.
          YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
          YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
          Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
          • 805 Posts
          Hi Egam. I think I’ve finally fixed this. I encountered the problem you mentioned when using unique multilingual aliases and when setting Modules>YAMS>Other Params>URL Redirection Settings>MODx URLs to *.

If the MODx URLs parameter is set to * then YAMS should now stay on the correct language. However, it should now no longer be necessary to specify the * provided "Current" or "Current else browser" is set as the redirection mode.

I’ve rolled up the bug fix into YAMS 1.2.0 RC2.
            YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
            YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
            Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
            • 104 Posts
            resolved! thanks PMS update is a charme. I was something I was doing wrong.

needed to go in the [URL Formatting] and modify as follow
            Use MODx stripAlias => yes
            Use Mime-type dependent suffixes? => yes
            Site start filename => include filename
            Containers as folders => leave as file
            URL Conversion Mode => resolve

all other has they where, and it’s woking just great now... thanks again.
              • 358 Posts
              Documentation is still without this important steps, to make ditto pagination works.

Quote from: PMS at Jan 27, 2010, 05:40 PM

I’ve just noticed that this important step is missing from the YAMS + Ditto documentation page. I’ll add it later.
                • 31 Posts
                I have red the instruction a few times but I still get pagination not working. I can not get to second page, third page or next page etc. I suppose my configuration is wrong but I have no idea what is wrong.

I installed YAMS 1.2.0 RC3 in root Mode and there are 2 languages provided german as default and english.
                configuration as follows:
                Uniqueness of Multilingual Aliases: not unique
                Use Multilingual Aliases?: no
                Redirection Mode: I tried all of them - at the moment --- current
                MODx URLs: empty
                Hide Redundant Fields: Hide Fileds
                Document Layout: Tabify TV by Lang
                Autoupdate Manager Document Title: Yes
                Use MODx stripAlias: Yes
                Use Mime-type dependent suffixes?: Yes
                Site start filename: include filename
                Containers as folders: leave as files
                Confirm Language Param: yams_lang
                Change Language Param: yams_new_lang
                URL Conversion Mode: Resolve
                Easylingual Compatibility Mode: no

My call looks as follows:

[[Ditto? &startID=`2` &paginate=`1` &tpl=`newslist_de` &hiddenFields=`NewsBild` &dateSource=`Newsdatum` &dateFormat=`%d-%m-%y %H:%S` &sortBy=`Newsdatum` &sortDir=`DESC` &extenders=`@FILE assets/modules/yams/yams.extender.inc.php` &id=`(yams_id)` &language=`(yams_mname)` &summarize=`10` &showPublishedOnly=`1` &paginateAlwaysShowLinks=`1` &oResults=`Keine News gefunden`]]

Show [+(yams_id)_start+] - [+(yams_id)_stop+] from [+(yams_id)_total+] News
                [+(yams_id)_previous+] [+(yams_id)_pages+] [+(yams_id)_next+]

Can you help me? I have no idea what to do next.

• 358 Posts
                  Just try untick "Cacheable" value on document with Ditto calling or do not use id in Ditto, of course if U have not Ditto multi calling.
                  Then it shoud looks like: Show [+start+] - [+stop+] from [+total+] and etc.
                    • 31 Posts
                    Hi labasus,

thank you for your help.
                    I did both untick the cache and not use the id and now it works.

It gave me a few days of headache. Thanks once again.
                      • 116 Posts
                      Does anybody got the pagination running in foreign language in ver. 1.2.0 RC3?
                      I probably tried all settings but no success. In default language pagination works.
                      The forward link in default language looks like http://www.mysite.com/news.html?de_start=5
                      When I switch to foreign language the first page is ok, but the forward link looks like http://www.my-site.com/news.html?fr_start=5 rather than http://www.my-site.com/fr/news.html?fr_start=5 for proper resolution I suppose.
                      Everything else works as expected.
                      So my question still is: Has anybody a proper solution for 1.2.0rc3 pagination in foreign language (root mode, default language in root, foreign language in ./fr/ path.
                      regards
                      manu