We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,024 Posts
    I did those flags to and it worked great, followed your guide.
    Only thing is that one was hidden at start because of my CSS.

fr.
      • 805 Posts
      Quote from: Joeeeeh at Dec 09, 2009, 12:14 PM

Quote from: PMS at Dec 09, 2009, 10:42 AM

Please see this post on this post on how to create a linked language flag list. Cheers.

I did, but its not working? It only shows my current flag and nothing more :S
      There was a typo in my original post. In the YAMS snippet call it should be otherFlagItemTpl with a capital F for Flag.
        YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
        YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
        Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
        • 84 Posts
        Ok thanks for everything, now i have 1 more problem, the menu titles doesn’t work?
        It gives the name automatically from the ’Internal Name’ field in General tab :S so if i leave it plane the menu title will be Untitled Resource.. what to do?

Thanks
          • 805 Posts
          When you say that the menu titles don’t work, which menu titles are you talking about? Do these menu titles appear in menu output created with Wayfinder? If so, you’ll need to use YAMS-ified Wayfinder templates to get Wayfinder to output multilingual content. To get a YAMS-ified multilingual menu in default Wayfinder format, just add
          &rowTpl=`@FILE:assets/modules/yams/tpl/wayfinder/docr/row.tpl`

to your Wayfinder snippet call.
            Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
            • 84 Posts
            Quote from: PMS at Dec 11, 2009, 01:09 AM

When you say that the menu titles don’t work, which menu titles are you talking about? Do these menu titles appear in menu output created with Wayfinder? If so, you’ll need to use YAMS-ified Wayfinder templates to get Wayfinder to output multilingual content. To get a YAMS-ified multilingual menu in default Wayfinder format, just add
            &rowTpl=`@FILE:assets/modules/yams/tpl/wayfinder/docr/row.tpl`

to your Wayfinder snippet call.
            Im talking about the menu titles which are linked to the page, like ’Home’, when i add to the YAMS multilingual ’English’ tab, to the row "menutitle (en)" "Home (ENGLISH)", it won’t show "Home (ENGLISH". It will show the menu title in the General tab, and when you don’t add a menu title in general tab it picks the Internal Name in general tab as menu title.

Where exactly do i need to add that code u gave me?

Thanks
              • 805 Posts
              Hi Joeeeey.

Are you currently playing with the site that comes with the default MODx install?

From what I understand, a menu is displayed when you view your site. With MODx menu’s are normally generated using an excellent snippet called Wayfinder. Since menus are normally displayed in the same place on every page, the Wayfinder snippet call which generates the menu is generally placed in the document template.

So, go to one of your documents and check which template it is using. It will say so on the general tab of the document. Then go to Elements>Manage Elements>Templates and select that template. Then find the Wayfinder snippet call [[Wayfinder? ... ]] in the template. This is what you will need to modify so that it will generate multilingual output. If you post back with your Wayfinder snippet call as it appears now, I’ll explain what you need to do to get it to generate multilingual output.
                • 84 Posts
                Hi PMS,

My Wayfinder call is:

<div id="ajaxmenu"> [[Wayfinder?startId=`0` &outerTpl=`mh.OuterTpl` &innerTpl=`mh.InnerTpl` &rowTpl=`mh.RowTpl` &innerRowTpl=`mh.InnerRowTpl` &firstClass=`first` &hereClass=``]] </div>

Do i have to replace `mh.RowTpl` with `@FILE:assets/modules/yams/tpl/wayfinder/docr/row.tpl`?

If yes, it works, but the colors of the menu doesn’t show up? Yes i’m currently using a default modxhost template.
                Could you show me what the code should look like?

Kind regards.
                  • 805 Posts
                  Hi Joeeeey.

Please edit the chunks called mh.OuterTpl, mh.InnerTpl, mh.RowTpl and mh.InnerRowTpl and use the instructions for custom multilingual Wayfinder templates in the YAMS documentation (just added) to make the relevant replacements. Then it should all work.
                    • 84 Posts
                    Thanks for everything PMS!

Works like a charm wink
                      • 84 Posts
                      Is it only me, or aren’t weblinks working using YAMS with the wayfinder menu? I did a clean install beside my YAMS install, works on that one, not on the one with YAMS huh

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Cheers