We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,010 Posts
    Quote from: TobyL at Sep 16, 2009, 01:50 AM

I was hoping to use mm_requireFields (http://modxcms.com/extras/package/256) too, but adding this results in a blank page. Anyone know of another solution?

Just starting to look at the new MM and quickly updated the mm_requireFields function. See attached. just drop it in the managermanager/functions/ folder. Haven’t tested it extensively so let me know if you run into trouble.

I am experiencing a problem with MM though. I use the content history plugin and it doesn’t like MM. When I enable MM I get a javascript error when I try to view the revisions. I haven’t figured out what does and what doesn’t work yet but the error I get sofar in firebug is ’el is null’ in CH’s toggler function when you click on ’show’ revisions on the CH section. I’ll investigate further when there’s time but if anyone else has a clue.....
    v
    Just following up... Finally had time to look into this further. Content History is adding a new sectionHeader and sectionBody into the document before MM code runs and as a result MM is renaming the id of the wrong section.

I’ve made a small change to the javascript inserted by MM. Although probably not a very generic solution it fixes it for me.
    // Lets handle errors nicely...
       try {
          //change section index depending on Content History running or not                  
          var nm = $j("div.sectionBody:eq(1)").attr("id");   
          var sidx = (nm=="ch-body")?1:0;  //ch-body is the CH id name (currently at least)

// Give IDs to the sections of the form
          // This assumes they appear in a certain order
          $j("div.sectionHeader:eq(sidx)").attr("id", "sectionContentHeader");
          $j("div.sectionHeader:eq(sidx+1)").attr("id", "sectionTVsHeader");

$j("div.sectionBody:eq(sidx+1)").attr("id", "sectionContentBody");
          $j("div.sectionBody:eq(sidx+2)").attr("id", "sectionTVsBody");
       }

Hope it helps someone
      • 327 Posts
      Quote from: TobyL

I’ve made a small change to the javascript inserted by MM. Although probably not a very generic solution it fixes it for me.
      Thanks Toby, MM is full of non-generic solutions (which I guess is its raison d’etre in the first place!). I’ve checked this fix into the SVN for 0.3.5

Hopefully the manager code changes in 1.0.1 should eliminate this problem and others like it.
        Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
      • Nick made a few updates to the tagging widget in SVN. See the 0.3.4 support thread for more discussion on the tweaks.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 70 Posts
          cant hide content field ((
          mm_hideFields('content', '1', '5');
            • 3 Posts
            Is it possible to hide the content field?
            I can not.
              • 2,314 Posts
              Is it possible to hide the content field?
              for Evolution 1.0.1: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,41241.msg248742.html#msg248742
                • 361 Posts
                Anybody else having issues with MM and the datepicker? There was another thread that referenced this thread, but I’m on 1.0.1 (release) and when MM is turned on the datepicker doesn’t work:
                TypeError: Result of expression 'el.addClass' [undefined] is not a function.
                /manager/media/script/mootools/mootools.js:103TypeError: Result of expression 'this.target' [undefined] is not an object.
                /manager/media/calendar/datepicker.js:239TypeError: Result of expression 'el.axis' [undefined] is not an object.
                /manager/media/calendar/datepicker.js:232TypeError: Result of expression 'el.removeClass' [undefined] is not a function.

Anybody else seeing this?
                  Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
                  • 327 Posts
                  Quote from: The at Nov 04, 2009, 09:54 AM

Anybody else having issues with MM and the datepicker? There was another thread that referenced this thread, but I’m on 1.0.1 (release) and when MM is turned on the datepicker doesn’t work:
                  TypeError: Result of expression 'el.addClass' [undefined] is not a function.
                  /manager/media/script/mootools/mootools.js:103TypeError: Result of expression 'this.target' [undefined] is not an object.
                  /manager/media/calendar/datepicker.js:239TypeError: Result of expression 'el.axis' [undefined] is not an object.
                  /manager/media/calendar/datepicker.js:232TypeError: Result of expression 'el.removeClass' [undefined] is not a function.

Anybody else seeing this?

It does work here - do you mean the publish/unpublish datepicker, or a date in a TV?
                    Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
                  • @Brett: I’ve done some testing on the latest SVN checkout with MM 0.3.5 and I’ve encountered no errors like what you’re seeing. What version of MM are you running and do you have any other custom plugins that may be interfering with MM? To me, that looks suspiciously like a jQuery/Mootools conflict which would indicate that jQuery is not running in noConflict mode.
                      Garry Nutting
                      Senior Developer
                      MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                      Twitter: @garryn
                      Web: modx.com

• OK?