We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,010 Posts
    I gather the rest of MM works though? And of course you did rename the file to fields.required.inc.php yes?

Can you check if the javascript is inserted into the document source? Do a search for "// ----------- Require field". This should be followed by some jQuery calls. Perhaps try it out with just 1 field and try editing a page and leaving that field empty. Attached is a screenshot of how it looks on my machine with the call
    mm_requireFields('description,introtext');

• 1,024 Posts
      Had a space before the fields.required.inc.php undecided I found the // ----------- Require field --------------
      now

[s]did the renaming etc, so the plugin is working.

• 407 Posts
        Great function, should be integrated in MM further!!!

A client forgets to set a SEO-friendly alias each time creating a new document. Now he can’t forget grin
          • 150 Posts
          Hey great function. How hard would it be to integrate TVs into the function as well?
            "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
            • 1,010 Posts
            Not very hard as it turns out... See my original post above.
              • 964 Posts
              Thanks TobyL
                MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
                • 107 Posts
                The file is corrupt when you try to download it. Could a new one be uploaded?
                  • 107 Posts
                  Is it possible to add the content field to the list of fields that may be listed as required?
                    • 107 Posts
                    Hi, I’m using the required fields widget and I cannot make the content field required. Is this possible?
                      • 107 Posts
                      Hi. This is the code I’m using to require the content field, but it’s not working:

mm_requireFields('pagetitle,content,tveventStartDate,tveventEndDate,tveventVenue,tveventAddress', '3,4,6', '10');