We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 28 Posts
    Thanks, I’d read that further back in this thread. I guess it did work but I managed to mistake the "set default parameters" link for a heading and didn’t focus on it. Weird bit of interface blindness. The location and flat styling is confusing, though.

Thanks again, everything works now.
      • 17 Posts
      I have ModX 0.9.6.3 I’ve been trying to install Content history but I coundn’t.
      I followed all instructions but on step 3:
      Reopen the pluginpage and click the tab "Configuration"
      Within the tab click "Set default parameter".

I can’t see this option. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong here. Shall I set up a module for this?
      Many thanks guys!!
        • 242 Posts
        Hello,

take a look to the screenshots. Are you seeing the additional tabs? Any firebub/console output?

hasta luego, Stefan
          • 17 Posts
          Thanks Stefan.

I checked the rest of the options under "System events" as you showed me on the first screen shot.
          On the configuration tab though I don’t see "Set default parameters" but I do see the options: Existing category, New category, import module shared parameters and Plugin configuration. I left everything blank as it’s showed on the second screen shot.

Then I open any resource in ModX and on the bottom of the page appears:

-----------------------------------------------------
          « MODx Parse Error »
          MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
          « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’’ at line 1 »
          SQL: SELECT * FROM `modx_www`.`modx_site_content_history` WHERE `id`=’429’ ORDER BY `editedon` DESC LIMIT 0,
          [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

Parser timing
          MySQL: 0.0014 s (6 Requests)
          PHP: 1282581168.7474 s
          Total: 1282581168.7488 s
          ------------------------------------------------------

I didin’t do anything else but follow the installation instructions. Didn’t create additional tables nor set up a module for this.

Many thanks!!

• 242 Posts
            Hallo O. Sanchez,

i already seen that sql-error but i do not know what it triggered. And it seems, that this is just a part or a part of the result of whats going wrong.

Can you give me access to your site? I am interested to figure out whats causing this behaviour.

adio, Stefan
              • 17 Posts
              Sent you an email to your gmx.net account. Thanks!!
                • 24 Posts
                Hi Stefan-

Thanks for all the hard work on this!! I just installed your plug in on a modx evo 1.0.4 live test site to play around with it before installing on my live sites. Got it up and working thanks to Elastic’s previous post in this thread

comment out the line 76 in skin/default/plugin_formrender.tpl.phtml
                Code://$E(’div.sectionHeader’).setText(’<?php echo $ch->txt(’Content History’); ?> v<?php echo $ch->params[’version’]; ?>’);

The only problem so far is that it doesn’t save new versions when you edit a document using quickManager. It shows up on the quickManager edit screen, and shows the versions that were already created by editing in the full manager and will restore a different version, but it will not save any new versions. Most of my clients use quickManager and I’d really LOVE for this to work for them.

I know that quickManager uses the same frame as the full manager, so it seems like this should work the same way but it doesn’t. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated! - Teri
                  ModX 1.0.4
                  MySQL version 5.1.47-community-log
                  No tables over 1MB
                  Apache version 2.2.16
                  PHP version 5.2.14
                  Linux
                  Architecture x86_64
                  I have windows XP SP3, Firefox 3.6.
                  • 3,975 Posts
                  Just confirmed, Using QuickManager doesnt save the revision.
                    Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                    • 223 Posts
                    Quote from: zi at Jan 21, 2011, 04:03 PM

Just confirmed, Using QuickManager doesnt save the revision.

Ditto zi. This would be an extremely helpful addition! Telling clients they have to use the backend is.. scary smiley
                      Nick Hoag
                      Creative Partner
                      The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
                      • 242 Posts
                      hello guys,

i know of it, there will be a update on github.

ciao, stefan