We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 591 Posts
    @ganeshXL
    Both. You should add all new hosts to HOSTS file (both with www and w/o). And then add all this hosts to VirtualHost section in ServerAlias directive. Actually I don’t remember right syntax, so use the documentation for this directive.

I use russian all-in-one complex D.n.w.r. (WAMP) and it’s much simplier to do it, because it’s pretty configurable. I think there are some all-in-one complexes on English language exist.
      • 1,039 Posts
      @Andrey: Beside the problem with the regex, did the tutorial work for you?
        • 591 Posts
        @MadeMyDay
        In general, the tutorial work. But I don’t finish testing yet.

Now 2 nested questions are about to happen:
        1. Could I insert link on one subsite to page from another subsite
        2. Multilanguage support. (I use solution from Wiki, and it’s not so good)
          • 1,039 Posts
          1. Good question. If you put in the complete link (by hand) it should work. A [~45~] link will not work I think, because it will generate a link to the same domain (because of the base href). I would be perhaps possible to intercept the onDocFormSave and look for internal links, look where they belong to and rewrite them to the correct domain. Will look into this, but next week.

2. No automatic stuff yet. But perhaps there is something on the horizon... A friend of mine is dealing with this topic, he wanted to create a set of plugins for a better language handling. I will ask him how far he got yet.
            • 591 Posts
            @MadeMyDay
            Quote from: MadeMyDay at May 08, 2009, 02:38 PM

1. A [~45~] link will not work I think
            Yep. It generates such link: http://one.domain/other-domain-alias/page.html and after clicking we get 404 page.
            I will look through

Quote from: MadeMyDay at May 08, 2009, 02:38 PM

2. I will ask him how far he got yet.
            It would be great! Is he on forum?
              • 1,039 Posts
              It would be great! Is he on forum?

Yes, it`s Stefan. Look for "content history", he already wrote a plugin for document versioning.
              • This look pretty neats.

Is it possible to restrict the available templates to a specific domain i.e. www.domain1.com can only access and see domain1.com template?

Thanks Aaron
                  http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
                  UK MODX Hosting with love.
                  • 118 Posts
                  Props Aaron, yet to try it out but will when I get the chance, it all makes sense from a brief look though.
                  Quote from: Onesmarthost at May 09, 2009, 01:13 PM

Is it possible to restrict the available templates to a specific domain i.e. www.domain1.com can only access and see domain1.com template?
                  I’d say leave this either down to standard MODx user management (editors for domain1.com can only use domain1.com templates, etc) or admins shouldn’t be dumb enough to mix templates if they’d normally break on an incorrect domain.
                  • From what I understand today with MODx there are no permissions you can get on Templates.

I have a similar issue at the moment where a site has 10 templates depending on type of page to be published. The problem we have today is that yes we can create roles for news editors and lock them down to the news folder tree there still seems to be no way to lock down on templates allowed to use, so a news editor could infact create a page using a blog template for example.

If I’m missing the obvious let me know smiley
                      http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
                      UK MODX Hosting with love.
                      • 956 Posts