We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 680 Posts
    Wow I guess I missed out on this one for a while. I was the one who wrote the menu snippet in question so I suppose I should take some responsibility for it. tongue

I’ll look into why the extra li is there and see if I can post a fix. Some of the classes don’t seem to be coming through either. I wrote this snippet a few versions back so it probably needs some updating.
      • 12 Posts
      Well, I’m just guessing here but it occurred to me that maybe the problem just might have something to do with the deleted directories/pages that are still showing in the site tree. Maybe? How do you get rid of those? I deleted them but they still show with a slash drawn through them. I deleted them by right-clicking them, deleted them through the edit menu, turned off the show-in-menu option for them, refreshed the site several times, but the damned things still won’t disappear.

If it’s anything else, I guess I’ll have to wait for aNoble to take care of it. smiley

Sottwell, is there a snippet or chunk or whatever you know of that you think is better coded and will accomplish what I want?

Thanks, guys.
        • 12 Posts
        LoL, okay, nevermind about the deleted categories. I had a sudden "break-through" and realized that for some reason you have to move the stuff to the little trash icon. And that’s definitely not the cause of the menu issue. sad
          • 1,495 Posts
          Quote from: paranoidandroid at Jan 12, 2006, 05:13 PM

LoL, okay, nevermind about the deleted categories. I had a sudden "break-through" and realized that for some reason you have to move the stuff to the little trash icon. And that’s definitely not the cause of the menu issue. sad

You got it work!?

Are you saying that you delete a category and you didn’t empty the trash, so there is an extra <li> on the output, because the snippet is still reading your deleted category/folder?

If it’s true, then it might be because this snippet is made for the old version, and I believe MODx have that trash can feature not a while ago.

Please clarify this, so that it will be helpful for some people in here.

Thanks
            Wendy Novianto
            [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
            [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
            • 12 Posts
            Hi Wendy, if you re-read that last line of mine you’ll see that I said quite explicitly that that’s not the problem with the snippet. At least I think I did. smiley

No, everything that needed to be deleted is completely gone now and the snippet is still NOT working properly, unfortunately.

• 1,495 Posts
              Hemm...

Then we need to wait for Adam then grin
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 12 Posts
                Yea, I’m not gonna be an ass about it and curse anyone but if you read my original post about not being thrilled about using things not built into the core and the subsequent reassurances that that shouldn’t be a problem, and then right off there’s a problem... well, I guess you could say that smacks something of...irony? smiley
                  • 680 Posts
                  Just uploaded an update to the snippet. This should take care of the empty <li> problem and includes a couple other improvemnets too.
                    • 12 Posts
                    Awesome, Adam! I just tried it and it’s working properly now. Thank you!
                      • 12 Posts
                      Hi Adam

I hate to have to resurrect this topic but there still seems to be a problem with an extra icon at the end of the menu display. It worked fine in the ModX default template but anything else I’ve tried it with has come up with the extra icon. I noticed it days ago, just took me while to get around to posting about it - busy getting ready to move and all that good stuff.

You can see what I’m talking about here:

http://www.strangeborders.com

The page is currently showing a rough template I’m playing with, but I did try it with a couple others, with the same results. ’Doesn’t mean it isn’t something I’m doing wrong on my end, though. It’s entirely possible! smiley