We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 361 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for Customize Manager Fields.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Used to hide, change, or inherit document object fields in the manager. Can change, hide, or inherit based on specific templates or manager user roles.

Very useful to hide unused fields and prevent your end-users from messing things up or being confused.

NOTES relating to the old thread:
    I left the template > 0 check in there for the time being because I personally find it useful (switch to blank to edit otherwise hidden fields, then switch back), but it can easily be removed.

I also added some "inherit" type functionality. Not a true @INHERIT, but useful (to me at least) nonetheless.

It’s still in jquery for the time being. Am working on making it more modular with MooTools. And on that note...
    If anybody familiar with MooTools wants to PM me to help me move it over, please do. I’m finding some easy tasks (in jquery) difficult in MooTools. Thx.
      Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
      • 2,204 Posts
      is it also posible to disable a compleet tab?

could some example be posted here?

thanks Dimmy
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • 361 Posts
        Sure thing. I think there’s actually already an example in the plugin... lines 93:
                        // Hide the other document object tabs
                        $("#tabSettings").hide();
                        $("#tabMeta").hide();

• 2,204 Posts
          Nice did not see that great work on this plug
            • 27 Posts
            can anyone confirm that it’s working on 0.9.6 with latest jquery, i have problem with jquery’s Document.Ready function.
              • 1,842 Posts
              Quote from: zee at May 28, 2007, 01:11 AM

can anyone confirm that it’s working on 0.9.6 with latest jquery, i have problem with jquery’s Document.Ready function.

zee, did you change the jquery .js name ? the .js you download from jquery.com is called jquery-latest.pack.js whereas the file called in the plugin is jquery.js

2d thing, if you still can’t get the plugin works, try to replace (li 61)
              $(document).ready(function() {

with
              jQuery.noConflict();
              jQuery(document).ready(function($){

Hope this helps wink
                • 1,842 Posts
                It seems that the plugin doesn’t work if creating a new doc ?

Let’s say : I create a new doc, all the fields I would to hide are shown. If I change the template, then fields are hidden.

Anyone gets the same issue ? (Using 0.9.6)
                  • 2,204 Posts
                    • 361 Posts
                    Quote from: Perrine at Jun 06, 2007, 03:54 PM

It seems that the plugin doesn’t work if creating a new doc ?
                    As Dimmy mentioned, it seems that this has happened before, but I haven’t seen it (though I’m not 100% positive I’ve tested on 0.9.6 final, I know that it has worked on all the 0.9.6’s leading up to final).

Is it perhaps a problem with the template of the new document? Some of the functionality is controlled by templates. Also, check to see the page source (of the frame) when it’s not working. Is it outputting the comments in the HTML?

While we’re talking, is there any new functionality or improvements anybody’d like to see with this? I want to redo it with MooTools, but unless I’m adding new functionality I have a motivation problem wink
                      • 1,842 Posts
                      Thx ! TobyL gives the solution : http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,11203.msg81871.html#msg81871and it works fine now wink

@Brett : Don’t know if it can be useful, but maybe as you can modify certain elements based on the user’s role, why not do the same with the user id ?