We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Quote from: cobnet at Sep 20, 2007, 03:30 AM

Just to rule some other possible problems, you might try changing your name="password.confirm" to name="passwordconfirm" and your Save button’s value="saveprofile" to value="saveprofilesimple" if you do not have type=`simple` in the snippet call? Just an idea, it may not work, but it can’t hurt to try it out?

Maybe I’m not seeing where you’re going with that, but wouldn’t that not do anything for me, because...

1) I’m using type=`profile`, and those names you gave are for type=`simple`, IIRC.
    2) I’m not having the issue of data not being saved like what was happening in the Bug Reports thread. All of my data saves like it should, but it’s an issue of none of the language arrays being parsed and shown by WLPE.
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
      • 35 Posts
      Quote from: Soshite at Sep 20, 2007, 10:03 PM

Quote from: cobnet at Sep 20, 2007, 03:30 AM

Just to rule some other possible problems, you might try changing your name="password.confirm" to name="passwordconfirm" and your Save button’s value="saveprofile" to value="saveprofilesimple" if you do not have type=`simple` in the snippet call? Just an idea, it may not work, but it can’t hurt to try it out?

Maybe I’m not seeing where you’re going with that, but wouldn’t that not do anything for me, because...

1) I’m using type=`profile`, and those names you gave are for type=`simple`, IIRC.
      2) I’m not having the issue of data not being saved like what was happening in the Bug Reports thread. All of my data saves like it should, but it’s an issue of none of the language arrays being parsed and shown by WLPE.

Sorry, it was only an idea. I was not getting any error messages either when my data was not being saved?
        • 925 Posts
        Sorry --- I wasn’t meaning what I said in a mean way or anything. I just didn’t follow how it would have helped.

As for the issue, I wonder why it is that I’m having only this one issue, while your profile editing doesn’t work at all + this issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with the PHP version we are using, although I’m thinking there’s a bad line of code somewhere in the class file.

I guess we’ll have to wait till Scotty gets that fixed debug line of code done, so we can see what’s causing this.
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
          • 35 Posts
          Quote from: Soshite at Sep 20, 2007, 10:59 PM

Sorry --- I wasn’t meaning what I said in a mean way or anything. I just didn’t follow how it would have helped.

As for the issue, I wonder why it is that I’m having only this one issue, while your profile editing doesn’t work at all + this issue. I wonder if it has anything to do with the PHP version we are using, although I’m thinking there’s a bad line of code somewhere in the class file.

I guess we’ll have to wait till Scotty gets that fixed debug line of code done, so we can see what’s causing this.

No problem, I am simply trying to help out here.  I also believe there are some differences in the way this script runs on different php versions.

1) Dr. Scotty’s and others work with password.confirm.
          2) Mine does not, it requires passwordconfirm.  My php version is 4.7.something.

When I use the password.confirm option, my data does save as long as I do not attempt to change the password, however if I attempt to change the password, it will not save that password data?

I am going to re-verify this right now.
            • 35 Posts
            Verified what I said earlier. The only reason I was looking at this was because you said:

Remember the issue I had with the "Private" text not showing up? I decided to test out putting a non-matching field in the password field, since I knew that would have to turn out a error.

Not suprisingly, I get no error at all. Natta, zip, nothing.

This made me think this was the problem, but looking further I see that this might fix that test you just did, but your Private not showing is from somewhere else. So I did some further research on this error topic and found this:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,17359.msg115221.html

It posted in the wrong forum, sorry bout that, the quote threw me off, lol! Anyways, maybe this will help maybe not?

Good Luck,
            Mark

• 925 Posts
              Nah, that wouldn’t help. I tried it a few days ago, just to make sure it didn’t affect it, but it didn’t change anything.

I removed the text before the first : just so I didn’t have any text next to it (because I already had a label for another field next to it).

I wish I could figure out what’s causing this, because I can’t open this up to my site members publically if they can’t see if they made an error / etc.

(I’m gonna check for the hell of it to make sure an extra line feed / space isn’t present, since that caused an issue for another user. Still, I doubt it, since the script is technically doing the request (since it creates the <div> and <p> tags to put around the error, and for my private fields, it will set the field to "on".)

EDIT: Scotty, I have a possible idea of why it’s acting up. Remember how I had to enable the base root stuff to get WLPE to work as expected, so it wouldn’t make /mysymphonic/mysymphonic in the URL? In this code...

function __construct($LanguageArray, $dateFormat = '%A %B %d, %Y at %I:%M %p', $UserImageSettings = '105000,100,100', $type = 'simple')
              	{
              		require_once 'manager/includes/controls/class.phpmailer.php';
              		$this->LanguageArray = $LanguageArray;
              		$this->DateFormat = $dateFormat;
              		$this->UserImageSettings = $UserImageSettings;
              		$this->Type = $type;
              	}

In previous MODx snippets that had a require/require_once, it had MODX_BASE_PATH. before the ’’ marks, to make sure it got the absolute path. You think this is why I can’t get it to work, since it’s trying to do mysymphonic/manager.....? I’m gonna try this for the hell of it and see if it does anything.

EDIT 2: Nah, didn’t work. It was worth a try, though.
                My Snippets
                -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                • 925 Posts
                Scotty, if this helps debug things at all, my PHP version is 5.1.4, and my MySQL version is 4.1.15, according to phpMyAdmin.

EDIT: Just curious --- does _construct having a type of simple affect anything, since this occurs in type users and profile?

(I also noticed this makes it so if you didn’t apply the "Last Login" fix, it doesn’t output Unknown like it should --- it gives a blank, like usual.)
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 1,193 Posts
                  Quote from: Soshite at Sep 22, 2007, 02:05 PM

Scotty, if this helps debug things at all, my PHP version is 5.1.4, and my MySQL version is 4.1.15, according to phpMyAdmin.

EDIT: Just curious --- does _construct having a type of simple affect anything, since this occurs in type users and profile?

(I also noticed this makes it so if you didn’t apply the "Last Login" fix, it doesn’t output Unknown like it should --- it gives a blank, like usual.)

&type is a parameter, it has a default value of ’simple’ if no parameter is set (Making it "optional" for instance if someone wanted to extend the WebLoginPE class). in the snippet, ALL the parameters, even the optional ones are passed values. &type is passed from the snippet as whatever you set it to in the snippet call (default in the snippet is the same as default in the class, ’simple’).

-sD-
                  Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
                    Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                    All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                    • 925 Posts
                    Quote from: Dr. at Sep 22, 2007, 09:54 PM

&type is a parameter, it has a default value of ’simple’ if no parameter is set (Making it "optional" for instance if someone wanted to extend the WebLoginPE class). in the snippet, ALL the parameters, even the optional ones are passed values. &type is passed from the snippet as whatever you set it to in the snippet call (default in the snippet is the same as default in the class, ’simple’).

Oh, I see. I thought it might have been that, but I wasn’t sure.

BTW, do you know when a new version of that code to see if the Language variable is getting parsed correctly (the one that caused a site-killing error)? This lang issue is keeping me from launching my new user system (because if a new user didn’t fill in a field right, not having the error message would be very bad) --- although don’t take that as trying to rush you or anything (since I already informed my users about why the issue was), I’m just trying to ask when I should expect to see it.
                      My Snippets
                      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      Soshite, I have tried this all week and the only way I can get it to not pop up errors is if I take the [+wlpe.message+] placeholder out. I don’t know why this is happening to you, but I bet it is something simple that your are doing with the snippet call or template or something. Sorry, I don’t have a lot of time to look at it right now.

-sD-
                      Dr. Scotty Delicious DFPA.
                        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages