We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 51 Posts
    That is what it looks like. I followed the documentation which seemed pretty straight forward. However, I'm still not seeing the demo site. Any other ideas?
      • 928 Posts
      What version of MODX? The only reference I've found where this error might come up for a valid module is pretty ancient: http://forums.modx.com/thread/33443/resolved-creation-of-a-module-"-no-record-found-for-id-0"

??? KP
        • 51 Posts
        Evo 1.05
          • 13 Posts
          I am using PubKit for blog pages with a rich text editor TV using Tinymce. I would like to be able to have the "html" (code) button available. How do I add it to the buttons? Is this done within the pubkit files, tinymce files or somewhere else?
            • 928 Posts
            I think you'll find what you need in the TinyMCE plugin configuration tab: Elements > Manage Elements > Plugins > TinyMCE > Configuration. Try the Web Themes, which will provide some preset button sets, or make your own arrangement in the various slots below the Web Themes.
            :) KP
              • 13 Posts
              Thank you kp. that has done what I wanted.
                • 2,314 Posts
                Hi Keith,

thanks for your addons! I can't even imagine how much time & effort you must have put into this smiley

would it be possible to recreate an existing blog with PubKit, circumventing the cache bottleneckt with custom tables?
                and in your demo-setup, what's the difference between the news section and the blog

btw. I get "Check configuration. Set &root as -1 for entire tree" on the "ExportPages" module, any ideas?

cheers, j
                  • 928 Posts
                  Quote from: sharkbait at Nov 27, 2012, 04:10 PM

would it be possible to recreate an existing blog with PubKit, circumventing the cache bottleneckt with custom tables?

More room here than in a tweet! Starting from an extreme and working backwards, you could replicate the structure of the site_content table in your own table, and delete whatever columns are superfluous (among which would probably be "parent"). I think that would give you item storage outside the cache mechanism. Then you'd need custom snippets to do what Ditto does so well; the ListSections in my demo could be a starting point, or the old loopDbChunk extra, which has some templating. Or even a customized version of Ditto (?Blitto?), set to use your table instead of site_content as its data source.

You'd lose TVs as tags, but now you don't need an open set of TVs, you can create your own fields for tagging as required. (NB you can still use TVs to provide things like shared drop-down lists, but not store the selections in the TV tables per item as you would in a MODX resource).

and in your demo-setup, what's the difference between the news section and the blog
                  They demonstrate use of different selections of heading fields, also the two-level tagging in the News section (category + tags).

btw. I get "Check configuration. Set &root as -1 for entire tree" on the "ExportPages" module, any ideas?
                  Ha! Me too! The export works for sets of pages starting with an actual page, but not as yet for the whole MODX tree. Need to work on that one a bit more, also on making the Import a bit friendlier (it fails if there's no database table to import at the moment, and setting the module ID is a bit cacky). See attached pic of configuration of the Export module for sending 27 & its children to a file called allPages.csv in the assets/export directory.

I made progress on some other aspects of PubKit in October, but ran out of time to tie it all up; I hope to be retreating to my coding cave again this weekend to make something more of it.

:) KP
                    • 2,314 Posts
                    thanks Keith!

actually what I might try to replicate is more of a news section than a blog (no tags, categories, comments etc.).
                    There's only a paginated overview of the items with excerpt, pubdate and author and teaser image on the actual news page itself.

The site has currently 1900 ressources and is (in my opinion) reasonable fast, but since 1 or 2 items are added every day, I have to plan ahead ...either move it away from MODX completely or separate the news-section with a custom table, so I'm brainstorming a bit smiley

yes, LoopDBChunk could work, btw. I'd definitely need have custom URL-aliases too, would that be easily doable (e.g. an input field like ressources have)?

cheers, j
                      • 928 Posts
                      Quote from: sharkbait at Nov 27, 2012, 04:10 PM

Export and import modules are now improved and published as a separate Extra: http://modx.com/extras/package/importexportcsv

;) KP