We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    When ever I use the resource browser from the insert pic link in either RTE I get a generic camera place holder graphic instead of a preview. The only information about this problem on the forums is that this may be caused by incorrect write permissions in the images directory. Also, a vague refrence that some hosting solutions dont display thumbnails. But the images are not broken, they are just a place holder graphic. So very odd. I have checked full path and permissions.

Is it possible that anyone out there has implemented a different resource browser? In other words replaced MCPUK as I can only assume MCPUK doesnt want to play nice with my clients server.

Or, has anyone else solved this nasty bit irritation ahead of me?

Thanks all,
    JT
    • I believe Jeff (Bravado) has a solution for this that should be in 0.9.2. Hopefully he’ll post the solution here.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 34 Posts
        Dont know if you have the same problem but I installed php4-gd on my server and that fixed my problems with thumbnails..
          • 1,131 Posts
          I’ll post the quick fix I made here by tomorrow. smiley
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 1,131 Posts
            Ok...here’s the quick fix that I submitted for inclusion in the next MODx version. Open up /manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands/thumbnail.php. Find the following line (which should be the first line after the comments):

include "helpers/iconlookup.php";

Replace it with this:

global $base_path;
            include  $base_path."manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands/helpers/iconlookup.php";

I found that some server configurations wouldn’t allow this script to work right unless the include was done with a full path instead of a relative one. This should allow the script to work right on all server configs now (the keyword here is "should"! LOL!).

L8R!

Jeff
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • Thanks Jeff... you’re my thumbnail-enabling hero! lol
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 93 Posts
                Well, I replaced the lines specified. No joy. Sigh... thanks for trying... I wish I knew what was doing this. My test installation previews work fine. But my clients server it doesnt. Oh well, I guess I will keep poking... any other ideas of what I should look at would be great...

(bangin head on desk)

JT
                  • 1,131 Posts
                  Ok...do me a favor. On the server where the thumbnails aren’t appearing, go into the Resource Browser with Firefox, right-click on a broken image and choose "Copy Image Location". Paste it into a new post and let me see what the script is doing with the image URL’s. Mine looks like this:

http://www.mydomain.com/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php?Command=Thumbnail&Type=images&CurrentFolder=/&FileName=spacer.gif&ExtraParams=

You should be able to paste the URL into a browser and see the image. If not, if the server is accessible from the outside, post the URL here and I’ll take a gander! There might be some hints in the source that will tell what the error is. smiley
                    Jeff Whitfield

• 93 Posts
                    Jeff,

Thanks for working with me on this. Here is my image location from FF. It looks just like yours.

http://www.iky.cc/modx/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php?Command=Thumbnail&Type=images&CurrentFolder=/&FileName=Caroling%20At%20Redwood%20004.jpg&ExtraParams=

WHen pasted in a browser. I get the same thumbnail image of a camera instead of the image preview.

JT
                      • 1 Posts
                      I don’t really understand what is the issue here.

When I use TinyMCE or FCK to insert an image I got the preview of the image as I doing the insert.

I might be looking at a total different thing here.

How do you get to the MCPUK?
                      What are the steps to get there?

Thanks