We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    Quote from: Ambush at Jun 17, 2008, 01:35 AM

Hello Dr. Scotty Delicious,

It’s great to see that someone else has stepped up to the plate to have an updated plugin of HTML Purifier for Modx. There is a plugin, but it’s somewhat untested as I don’t use Modx, and it has problems with HTML Purifier 3.1 (I’ve got an updated version pending for that).

Would you like me to link to your plugin for Jot on the HTML Purifier home page?

Cheers,
    Edward

Sure, but it would be good to specifically note that it is not a system wide plugin, but merely a modification of the Jot snippet with a class for purifying the HTML that is passed in by Jot’s $comment[’content’] variable.

I think what I may do is make another modification of the jot.class.inc.php file to invoke the OnBeforeDocFormSave system event so that a plugin like yours will work with comments. I might also try to put together a plugin that can purify any form submitted on the front end. That might be better for the Jot upgrade path and also a bit more universal so it can be used with the eForm snippet (or any form in the front end).

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
    • Feel free to modify Jot to your heart’s content. Armand is letting the community take over the 096x release and making it more functional for the tens of thousands of sites that will still be running that version will be greatly appreciated. You might want to head on over to the JIRA install and start committing to the project itself, too, once you get it sorted to your liking. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1,193 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jun 17, 2008, 12:27 PM

Feel free to modify Jot to your heart’s content. Armand is letting the community take over the 096x release and making it more functional for the tens of thousands of sites that will still be running that version will be greatly appreciated. You might want to head on over to the JIRA install and start committing to the project itself, too, once you get it sorted to your liking. smiley
        Yeah, no problem.

Well... small problem. I got my Crucible and Fisheye username and password a long time ago. I don’t have a clue what it is. can it be reset?

-sD-
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• Yes indeed: http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/secure/ForgotPassword!default.jspa but you’ll have to recall your username.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,193 Posts
            I posted a full featured plugin here: http://modxcms.com/HTML-Purifier-for-Forms-Plugin-2096.html

No Jot hackery needed.

-sD-

• 7,075 Posts
              Great Scotty !!!

I’ll sure have a use for it, combined with FrondEndDocumentManager (a.k.a FDM) and those rich text areas grin
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • I know this is an old post but I’m needing a way to purify text that is submitted by a webuser...

I am allowing users to submit text in a textarea and I want to restrict the code that is allowed in the textarea.  I would like to use this purify plugin but it’s not doing anything for me...

I have a textarea and I put <div>TEST</div> in the form and submitted, the code was sent and saved but not purified.  Any idea why that would be and if this plugin is suitable? 

Thanks!

EDIT : How can I stop any HTML elements being input in to forms completely.  Allowing the user to input HTML tags is causing my pages to loose shape if the user input incorrect tags or doesn’t close them
                  Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                  AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart