We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 43 Posts
    Quote from: bS at Oct 30, 2006, 11:05 AM

Quote from: zi at Oct 30, 2006, 09:02 AM

bS` , How can I modify the post sort order ? tongue ... by default it displays new first, but I want it to display the new posts at the end.

&sortby=`createdon:a`

I tried this and cannot create new comments, gives me an sql error. Also, the comments are numbered wrong, the oldest comment (on mine) is 4, the newest is one. Any ideas?
      • 398 Posts
      the numbering is indeed my mistake.. i will fix this asap.

about the sql.. make sure you spelled createdon right.
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 43 Posts
        Still getting an SQL error after taking out &sortby=`createdon:a` . I also deleted Jot and reinstalled without customizing anything and still getting the SQL error, so not sure what is going on now.

« MODx Parse Error »
        MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
        « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 »
              SQL: UPDATE `Yankee2_v4`.modx_jot_content SET title='blue',content='dsfhfhsdh',createdon='1162274270',createdby='-1',secip='xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx',sechash='2031a9175e31c5e10ef7c5264db18623',uparent='16',tagid='',published='1' WHERE id=;
              [Copy SQL to ClipBoard]

I also tried using the &output=`0` &placeholders=`1` but nothing was shown. I added debug and it had the code for the form/comments/etc, but it was not displayed on the page.
          • 398 Posts
          seems like it wants to update without a comment id.. when does this occure? when making a new post?

correct: If you set output to 0 nothing is shown
          If you set placeholders to 1 you have to use these placeholders in your layout:

[+jot.html.form+]
          [+jot.html.comments+]
          [+jot.html.subscribe+]
          [+jot.html.navigation+]
          [+jot.html.moderate+]
            Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
            • 43 Posts
            It happens when trying to make a new post. I’m going to empty the jot_ tables and reinstall jot again, see if that does anything. Not sure why it started doing it, really not sure why it continued after I reinstalled Jot the first time.

For the placeholders, I have it set to 1 but nothing is shown. In my documents I have this code at the end to display everything. I’m using the default templates for now, I also created a jot.html.comments chunk with the template in it after it did not work the first time.
            [!Jot? &customfields=`name,email` &subscribe=`0` &pagination=`10` &badwords=`{{Badwords}}` &canmoderate=`Admins`  &output=`0` &placeholders=`1` !]

[+jot.html.navigation+]
            [+jot.html.comments+]
            [+jot.html.moderate+]
            [+jot.html.form+]
              • 398 Posts
              When reinstalling take these steps:

1. Clear the jot directory
              2. Delete the Jot snippet from the resource manager
              2. Delete the *_jot_* tables from the modx database
              3. Copy the content of rc1 to /assets/snippets/jot
              4. Create a new snippet called Jot and copy the content of jot.snippet.txt into the code field.
              5. Reload the page with the Jot call.

if you set &debug to 1 can you confirm that the jot.html -- placeholder values are filled and that the jot.placeholder value is set to 1?

I will not rest before you can run Jot.. lol grin

(I splitted your posts into a seperate topic)
                Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
                • 43 Posts
                Quote from: bS at Oct 31, 2006, 08:48 AM

When reinstalling take these steps:

1. Clear the jot directory
                2. Delete the Jot snippet from the resource manager
                2. Delete the *_jot_* tables from the modx database
                3. Copy the content of rc1 to /assets/snippets/jot
                4. Create a new snippet called Jot and copy the content of jot.snippet.txt into the code field.
                5. Reload the page with the Jot call.

if you set &debug to 1 can you confirm that the jot.html -- placeholder values are filled and that the jot.placeholder value is set to 1?

I will not rest before you can run Jot.. lol grin

Debug shows placeholders set to 1 and jot.html.* displays the output.
                Going to reinstall jot and see if that fixes both issues.

UPDATE: Deleted Jot and MySQL tables, reinstalled, still getting the same sql error and no placeholders. Once I get home today I’ll try deleting everything and reinstalling MODx fresh. I’ve got a lot of extra crap that I need to delete anyways grin Thanks for all the help bS.
                  • 398 Posts
                  Quote from: YankeeDeuce at Oct 31, 2006, 09:25 AM

UPDATE: Deleted Jot and MySQL tables, reinstalled, still getting the same sql error and no placeholders. Once I get home today I’ll try deleting everything and reinstalling MODx fresh. I’ve got a lot of extra crap that I need to delete anyways grin Thanks for all the help bS.

It could be that you stumbled upon some strange bug... but I haven’t heard any others reporting this.. so a fresh install (if possible) is a good start. What are the details of your hosting environment? (php version, webserver name/version, mysql version)
                    Armand Pondman
                    MODx Coding Team
                    • 43 Posts
                    Host: Host Excellence
                    PHP: 4.3.11
                    MySQL: 4.0.26
                    Server: Apache/1.3.31
                      • 398 Posts
                      any progress yet?
                        Armand Pondman
                        MODx Coding Team