We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 206 Posts
    Quote from: にっく at Nov 26, 2009, 01:18 PM

He added a new modx->documentObject and it realize this view. He also think if there is a resource type like this "special container", addition to "document" and "weblink", it would be useful.

Please give your opinion, and please let us know if you’re interested in this program. We are looking for a cooperator to make modx better together.

Hi,
    I’m sure it is given in modx Revolution, but I think if you together could figure out how to make Evo expandable with custom resource types, the core programmers would implement your solution, method or ’hack’ in a future version.
      • 98 Posts
      Hi vhollo,
      Thanks for your reply and please excuse me I couldn’t reply to your message soon.

I got it, and we’d like to talk about the specifications for this functions.

I’ll be back again.

Quote from: vhollo at Dec 19, 2009, 12:30 AM

Quote from: にっく at Nov 26, 2009, 01:18 PM

He added a new modx->documentObject and it realize this view. He also think if there is a resource type like this "special container", addition to "document" and "weblink", it would be useful.

Please give your opinion, and please let us know if you’re interested in this program. We are looking for a cooperator to make modx better together.

Hi,
      I’m sure it is given in modx Revolution, but I think if you together could figure out how to make Evo expandable with custom resource types, the core programmers would implement your solution, method or ’hack’ in a future version.
        • 535 Posts
        this work is a must have in my opinion.

the tree aspect is really manager friendly and instantly understandable from a client/editor point of view but i’agree that for a blog/news system it’s really a mess.... Personally i use a custom front-end view for this kind of content (build with ditto and Front-end Document Manager) but it’s not a so good solution because clients have to learn how to switch from back-end to front-end.. and their brain dont like it too much.. smiley

so your proposal is excellent because with it i can dream to mix the best of all world (the tree and the table view in the manager).

i didn’t code php myself but i support you at 10000% in your direction !

CTRL+SHIFT+U - Clear Cache
          CTRL+SHIFT+H - Hiding Heft Panel
          CTRL+SHIFT+N - Fast Create Resource
          CTRL+ALT+P - Preview Recource (in edit resorce window)
          CTRL+ALT+S - Save
        • I think this definitely has some merit, but the migration path from Evo to Revo must be kept in mind. I’d love to see this make it into the core, or at least the events/logic added so that it can be added via a plugin.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 2,314 Posts
            Yama, Nick_smallworld,

is your ressource-listing approach still actively developed? ( http://dev.modx.ayd.jp/i002 )
            just curious smiley

thanks, j
            • hello, sharkbait.
              Yes, I am adjusting it now.
              I am going to submit a pilot version by the end of June.
                • 156 Posts
                very nice smiley

keep on rockin’!
                  • 2,314 Posts
                  yama, awesome! smiley this will be such a great feature - thanks!
                    • 607 Posts
                    Yes! Thank you Yama, definitely looking forward to this grin
                      • 41 Posts
                      Any plans to convert this handy ressource overview table/manager to Revolution? Would _love_ to use it for blogs and events sections on several client’s websites!