We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!

• This is rough-planed.
    No display children on tree. This is special container.
    Paging support.

sample env. (alpha base)
    http://dev.modx.ayd.jp/i002/manager/
    user : modx
    pass : modxmodx
    (basic-auth and manager login)

(This site is reset every one hour)
      • 2,314 Posts
      Hey Yama,

This is rough-planed.
      Paging support.

this is looking great!!!
      what are those containers for ("Addons", "other") - categories?
        • 8 Posts
        Hi Yama,

Quote from: yama at Nov 24, 2009, 12:43 PM

I am also interested in knowing what "special container" you’re using. Can you provide more information on that please.

It looks promising and that would be a good addition to the Manager portion of MODx.

LeCitadin

• I will explain the detailed thing later.
            • 8 Posts
            Hi again Yama,

I went in your demo site and I did saw this "Show branches on a tree" check box that you posted earlier. I am using the latest version of MODx EVO 1.0.2 and I do not see this check box.

I went through the Chunks, Snippets, Plugins and in the Configuration page to see if this config was simply not set on my side. Nope.

I guess I’ll be waiting for your next reply to see how you did this.

Thanks again!

LeCitadin
              • 2,314 Posts
              I went in your demo site and I did saw this "Show branches on a tree" check box that you posted earlier. I am using the latest version of MODx EVO 1.0.2 and I do not see this check box.
              :) this feature is currently in developement by Yama - on his site only for demonstration, it’s not part of MODx distribution at the moment
                • 8 Posts
                Quote from: sharkbait at Nov 24, 2009, 03:42 PM

this feature is currently in developement by Yama - on his site only for demonstration, it’s not part of MODx distribution at the moment

Thanks for the answer, I’ll be waiting for this feature.

Hopefully Yama will write an article on how to add such feature directly in the Manager. It could be interesting reading and use it as a starting point to understand how to enhance the Manager.

I am also a newbie with MODx, PHP and any CMS for that matter. I am a .Net C# developer by day and beginning to be a PHP/MODx by night smiley.

What I like the most with MODx is the HTML/CSS/Javascript freedom that it gives us. If we can also extend the Manager with some PHP in order to adapt it for our own needs and those of our customers, that would be a definite plus for an already fantastic CMS.

Thanks again.

LeCitadin
                  • 98 Posts
                  Hi, LeCitadin, sharkbait and other members

This is Nick, a Japanese forum moderator, same as Yama.
                  I’d like to follow Yama’s comment because we are Japanese and not frequent English speaker.
                  I can write English better than Yama, so I will fill up Yama’s intention.

As sharkbait said, this program is now a prototype, so it doesn’t work correctly.
                  Yama said that he wants to develop this program with community members because modx hasn’t suitable interface for blogging(f.e.), which has thousands of entries.

The point of this program is to handle a lot of contents, such as blogging entries or everyday’s journal, with listing view.
                  This program simply changes an interface from tree view to listing view with customization.

He is thinking that if modx has a listing view for such contents, users can handle and sort contents like WordPress.

"The speciail container", in that image, is temporary name, so it’s "not" a special... it only show contents without tree view.

He added a new modx->documentObject and it realize this view. He also think if there is a resource type like this "special container", addition to "document" and "weblink", it would be useful.

So what we would like to say is;

1: modx should have a new resource for listing view, addition to "document" and "weblink" for stacking contents.
                  2: Yama developed this program with simple modification. It can change a type of view.

Please give your opinion, and please let us know if you’re interested in this program. We are looking for a cooperator to make modx better together.

...and we may not be able to reply you quickly. We will apologize for our poor English.

• 8 Posts
                    Hi Nick_smallworld and thanks for the reply.

Quote from: にっく at Nov 26, 2009, 01:18 PM

He (Yama) is thinking that if modx has a listing view for such contents, users can handle and sort contents like WordPress.

That would be great. Sure Wordpress can handle this kind of situation. But I would like to do this in MODx and invest learning in only one great tool.

He added a new modx->documentObject and it realize this view. He also think if there is a resource type like this "special container", addition to "document" and "weblink", it would be useful.

You bet it would be usefull.

Please give your opinion, and please let us know if you’re interested in this program. We are looking for a cooperator to make modx better together.

Well, I just did and my opinion is quite favorable to this new type of Manager add-on. And it could be a great way to learn how to extend the fonctionnality of the Manager.

We will apologize for our poor English.

I understand, I am french (from Québec/Canada) so my english is not as good as it could be. I understand what you mean (both of you) and this is what matter.

Thanks!

LeCitadin
                      • 13 Posts
                      I think providing a different view options than the default tree view is going to be very helpful. A little surprised that it is not there already.

I certainly would like to be part of the effort. I have programmed in php for about 5 years and more years with other computer languages, though only have only been with modx for 2 weeks..

Alan