We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,204 Posts
    I was updating from etomite first release to mod-x last release (3) and noticed that in mij friendly url prefix the folloing website hxxp://www.adhomepage.com/1617/ (warnig do not follow that link) then I removed it and even searched the data base for it and also removed it there
    The empty the cache files and left the prefix blank.

after saving this adres was there again!!! only when entering somthing there it stopped reapearing.

This is the seccend site of mine that had the same thing (othersite adres wass filled in) is this a known issue?
      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
      • 2,204 Posts
      This sucks its on all mij sites server wide.. aaaahhhh

Even on a new installation shocked

What could this be I am getting a bit afraid now
      • It’s most likely cached.

Click the refresh site (third link down under site) in the Manager and please let me know if this continues.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 2,204 Posts
          Nope its not cashed

I tryed it on another site I have running on the same server that also uses friendly urls
          It was not filled in ider and there was no url insert there, until i changed the settings without touching the frienly url prefix field this url was insert in that field!!!!

looks like somthing is running on the server that iserts this in my db
          • This is very very odd. Is it sharing a database with another site?
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 2,204 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at Jul 18, 2005, 02:41 PM

This is very very odd. Is it sharing a database with another site?

nope all the time another DB on the same server

I could make you a test case if you want
              • It could also be a modified htaccess file. What does your htaccess file look like?

If I understand your problem correctly, you’re having "mij" appeneded to every URL on your site, even though you do not have an entry in the prefix field of the SEF URL input box in the manager. Is this accurate?

What server OS, PHP, Apache and MySQL versions are you running?

A test might in fact prove to be helpful, thanks.
                  • 2,204 Posts
                  You have PM
                  • Thanks for the PM Dimmy. Just so that we’re totally clear on the issue:

You’re having "mij" appeneded to every URL on your site, even though you do not have an entry in the prefix field of the SEF URL input box in the manager.

What’s the version/type of your server OS, PHP, web server and MySQL?
                      • 2,204 Posts
                      Nope I have "hxxp://www.adhomepage.com/1617/" (xx=tt) insert before all the urls will look like this:
                      hxxp://www.adhomepage.com/1617/alias.html.
                      The link does not work with the alias attached but the whole site is not working ider.

it only happed after I edited the settings and leave the prefix field (standard filled with a "p.") empty.

PHP Version 4.3.2
                      System Linux ns1.kinghosting.nl 2.4.20-021stab028.12.777 #1 Fri May 13 16:13:05 MSD 2005 i686
                      Build Date Dec 23 2004 19:09:05
                      Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
                      MySQL: 3.23.58 (Client API version )

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.