We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hi there,

I’ve been unable to hide the content field in 1.0.0 using both 0.34 and now 0.3.5...
    Tried changing the line of code in fields.inc.php to no avail...

Example in rules:
    mm_hideSections('content', '', '17');

0.3.2 worked fine, but introduced other incompatibilties... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
      • 634 Posts
      Quote from: lechatlisse at Oct 27, 2009, 01:30 AM

I’ve been unable to hide the content field in 1.0.0 using both 0.34 and now 0.3.5...
      Tried changing the line of code in fields.inc.php to no avail...

Apply Ryans fix first and then try:
      mm_hideFields('content');

For some reason hiding content is now tied with hideFields not hideSections.
        Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
        • 245 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Oct 24, 2009, 04:04 AM

OK here’s a solution until the next release:

1) Open the file assets/plugins/managermanager/functions/fields.inc.php

2) Find the content case near line 115.

3) Change the code from:
        					$output .= '$j("#sectionContentHeader, #sectionContentBody").hide();';

to:
        					$output .= '$j("#ta").parent("div").parent("div").hide().prev("div").hide();';

The reality is that there really should be a single wrapper div with an ID around the content section to make it easier to get both pieces at once, but jQuery sure does make this nice and simple!

Someone please file a report for this in JIRA; currently down for maintenance and I don’t want to overlook this issue.

This is a 1.0.1 specific bug, so moving there.

Great! That helped me with my non-hidden content fields. Still, I am trying to hide the menutitle field (actually, to hide it and sync it with page title) with no success in MM 0.3.5. I searched the code for anything menutitle related, and found nothing to hack... so here I am wink