We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 117 Posts
    Hi all

Sorry for being thick, but I can’t see in the Newslisting snippet documentation how this feature can be used using Newslisting Multilevel and Var filter. If anyone has a sec to point me in the right direction, I’d be much obliged.

Continued thanks team

J
      • 3,250 Posts
      MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #2, 18 years ago
      All you need to do is set StartID to 0, multilevel to 1, and use tvname as the filter
        • 117 Posts
        ah, sweet, thanks a million mark.
          • 117 Posts
          hi, ive tried to read about filters for ages and still cant seem to grasp how they work...

im using a checkbox tv called: filterthis

Input Option Values: Yes

Default value: No

[!NewsListing &startID=`0` &multilevel=`1` &filter=`tvfilterthis,Yes,==`!]
          and its not working, where am i going wrong?

TIA, 0
            • 3,250 Posts
            First off, use Ditto. Second, try &filter=`tvfilterthis,Yes,2`. Third, please post in a relevant topic. I have split this topic into a new topic to avoid confusion.
              • 117 Posts
              Cheers Mark.

Thanks for Ditto, nope it didnt make a difference and yeah, very sorry.

Got a working example I could look at to try and understand where Im going so wrong?

Nuff respect

• 3,250 Posts
                Ok, try the following:

1. Create a tv call ShowOnHomepage as a TEXT FIELD (so we can make sure everything is working). Assign its default value to 0.
                2. Call Ditto with filter=`tvShowOnHomepage,1,2`.
                3. For any page you want on the homepage set the value of ShowOnHomepage to 1.

Let me know if that works. If it does, you most likely used the wrong syntax for the checkbox (it happens).
                  • 117 Posts
                  no, it didnt work mate. I’ve PM’ed you my login details...
                    • 2,204 Posts
                    I am strugeling with the same problem, would love to see an exaple if you guys get this to work
                      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      You had a combination of a few simple problems (which I fixed):

1. You were running Ditto 1.0 and not 1.0.1
                      2. In your snippet call you forgot to start with a ? so nothing was returned
                      3. You didn’t use the correct parameter names (multilevel changed to multiLevel for example)
                      4. Since you were not using a custom template you had to include the tv in HiddenTVs so that the filter could use it
                      5. The filter should not have had the last ,2 (sorry, my bad)

Here is the working call:
                      [!Ditto? &startID=`0` &multiLevel=`1` &hiddenTVs=`ShowOnHomepage `&filter=`tvShowOnHomepage,1`!]
                      [/code[