We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    I don’t know if this file (example.config.php) will be of utility for somebody, but for me he is very useful not to have to be continuously consulting the forums, the documentation or wiki whenever I use Wayfinder with *.config.php files.

With this file, I simply erase the unnecessary options to create a new configuration file for Wayfinder and then call this new file with the [!Wayfinder?config=`name_of_config_file_without_config.php_extension`!].

Hope is added to any new Wayfinder version.

Ramon

Sep 15, 2007 - New file upload with minor changes.
      • 358 Posts
      Wow, that is great! Can you also make one for Ditto? wink

I’ll definitely will use this one!

Thanks!
        • 44 Posts
        Of course, I’am working on and I upload when finished. smiley
          • 4,205 Posts
          Handy file, this is cool, now I can create configs for my favorite menus.
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
            • 786 Posts
            Great addition! I will add this to the next release of Wayfinder.
              • 44 Posts
              I have made small changes to add information in the head and to change the “&” characters by “$” in the declaration of php variables.

Deleted the old file and uploaded the new one to the first post.

Another file upload, due I added the ’cached’ call info. rolleyes
                • 480 Posts
                This is a god send for people learning to get to grips with Wayfinder. Thanks for your work and sharing it.
                Can’t wait to see the ditto one. smiley

All the best,
                Taff
                  Adrian Lawley: www.adrianlawley.com
                • Tremendous resource indeed... thanks!
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 616 Posts
                    Quote from: rambat at Sep 12, 2007, 04:09 PM

I don’t know if this file (example.config.php) will be of utility for somebody, but for me he is very useful not to have to be continuously consulting the forums, the documentation or wiki whenever I use Wayfinder with *.config.php files.

With this file, I simply erase the unnecessary options to create a new configuration file for Wayfinder and then call this new file with the [!Wayfinder?config=`name_of_config_file_without_config.php_extension`!].

Hope is added to any new Wayfinder version.

Ramon

Sep 15, 2007 - New file upload with minor changes.

would you mind uploading your file again - I’m unable to extract it using WinZip?

thanks
                      • 36 Posts
                      Hi, I’m starting to use your config file in my projects and I want to thank you very much for your useful work. And also wanted to let you know that I found an error on line 230:
                      It says $TitleOfLinks = ’’;
                      and should say $titleOfLinks = ’’; (the first letter in lower case)

Thank you again.
                      CarlosMa