We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 211 Posts
    I want to use two dynamic menu in one page but only one work the dropdown.
    I use the wayfinder snipped for the menu and the same js for the two menu.
    Why doesn’t work?
    It will be a conflict with the js file? How resolve I it?
      • 152 Posts
      I’d like to know this too *bump* wink
        Quality doesn't need a big signature.
        • 129 Posts
        I’ve had success with 2 menus by using 2 wayfinder calls on separate parts of the page... never had problems

Could you please elaborate?
          [center]-- smiley --[/center]
          [center]New View Media - Custom Website Design[/center]
          [center]Custom Website Design & Marketing = Strategic Business![/center]
          • 152 Posts
          Quote from: dhilden at Oct 01, 2008, 01:03 PM

I’ve had success with 2 menus by using 2 wayfinder calls on separate parts of the page... never had problems

Could you please elaborate?
          Yes but this dupplicates the menu so
          Wayfinder1 = Left menu
          Wayfinder2 = Right menu (at least it should)

Let’s say the Left menu is:
          *Home
          *About
          *Contact

and the Right menu is:
          *Partners
          *New_projects

When you use this code: on both Left and Right menu it clones the left menu:
          [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`NavMenu`]]
            • 1,390 Posts
            When you use this code: on both Left and Right menu it clones the left menu:
            [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`NavMenu`]]

Yes that will duplicate the menus since in both cases the &startId=`0`. If you want different menus you need to use different &startId. Am I missing something here?
              • 1,390 Posts
              You could also use different &includeDocs

As an example, let’s say....

The Left menu is:
              *Home - doc id 1
              *About - doc id 2
              *Contact - doc id 3

and the Right menu is:
              *Partners - doc id 4
              *New_projects - doc id 5

For the left menu
              [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`NavMenu` &includeDocs=`1,2,3`]]

For the right menu
              [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &rowTpl=`NavMenu` &includeDocs=`4,5`]]

/k
                • 152 Posts
                Ah sweet grin

I’m not in need for it (yet) but I did bumped into this one last week and I was like huh Now what? tongue

Thnx!
                  • 1,390 Posts
                  np

the important thing to remember is that &startId still has to be declared, in fact, it must always be declared

cheers/k  grin
                  • &includeDocs only includes documents that otherwise would not be included (not show in menu, etc). Explicity excluding/including documents makes it tricky to make any changes to the document structure, though, since then you would need to go to every Wayfinder call that does that and edit the excluded/included document IDs.

You could put the second group of documents under the "about" document (which is a logical place for them to be), then you could easily enough just use the "about" document’s ID as the startId for the second menu.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                      • 1,390 Posts
                      Quote from: sottwell at Oct 02, 2008, 07:01 AM

&includeDocs only includes documents that otherwise would not be included (not show in menu, etc). Explicity excluding/including documents makes it tricky to make any changes to the document structure, though, since then you would need to go to every Wayfinder call that does that and edit the excluded/included document IDs.

You could put the second group of documents under the "about" document (which is a logical place for them to be), then you could easily enough just use the "about" document’s ID as the startId for the second menu.

Susan, thanks for your insights. However, this is incorrect:

&includeDocs only includes documents that otherwise would not be included (not show in menu, etc).

&includeDocs will not show documents that do not have "show in menu ticked" neither will it show unpublished documents. I have tested this to be sure. It does just what it says - include published documents that have show in menu ticked. (for published documents with show in menu unticked to be shown/included, the parameter am sure you know is &ignoreHidden=`1`).  In addition, here’s a quote from muddydogpaws.

&includeDocs - Acts as a filter and will limit the output to only the documents specified in this parameter. The startId is still required.

I appreciate the logic of putting the documents in one folder though and avoiding making it tricky to make any changes in the document structure

Thx
                      /k